04-03-2012 08:45 PM
I have Norton Safety Minder installed and cannot get onto the club penguin site or the happy meal mcdonalds site. Can anyone help? Both sites let me log in and then on the happy meal site I stall, and on the club penguin site it won't let me go any further due to errors.
04-04-2012 11:56 AM
We had reports on Club Penguin not working with Norton Safety Minder a while ago, but the issue was resolved.
1. Please let us know what make you think Norton Safety Minder is the reason that you can't get onto these sites.
2. What exact error message do you see?
3. What Operating System is running on the PC?
4. What browsers do the monitored child use?
05-04-2012 05:37 PM
I'm having the same issue with Club Penguin on my son's computer. The reason I know it's Norton Safety Minder is because the site works just fine on all my other computers that don't run Norton Safety Minder. The error message is that the site says it cannot connect to a server when he enters his username and password. He is using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9. Also we made sure he was using the latest non-beta version of Flash.
05-04-2012 07:57 PM
What version of Norton Safety Minder is on the PC? You can determine this by clicking on the Norton Safety Minder icon in the System tray and selecting About Norton Safety Minder.
05-10-2012 12:47 PM
sorry, the rest of the message is:
I'm using version 18.104.22.168.9
My os is windows 7
browser is ie9
The message from club penguin says: having problems connecting? try again later or contact support. when i click ok i get this message:
1. This might be a problem on Club Penguin's end, not yours. The server might be offline so that Club Penguin can update or work on the website. If you can get to the Club Penguin Community section, click on “What's New Blog” You can find important news there about what's happening on the site.
2. Check to make sure you are using the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. Your flash player is the part of your computer that lets you play club penguin. You might need to install the newest version. The best way to do that is to go to the Flash Player Download Center.
3. You might need to clear out your cache. Please go to I'm asked to clear my web browser cache to find out how to do this. It's simple to do, so you should try it and see if it helps.
4. If none of these things work, you should call your Internet Service Provider (ISP). That is the company that you pay to connect to the Internet. They might be using a firewall that is blocking the ports that lead to Club Penguin. When you call them, tell them to open up these ports for TCP outbound traffic: 3724, 6112, 6113, and 9875.
5. Your computer might have a firewall built into it. Programs such as Window XP, Vista, and Mac OSX have a firewall that might prevent you from logging on to Club Penguin. Talk to a parent about how to change the settings on your firewa
06-23-2012 09:52 AM
I am having this same issue. The only resolution I can find is to uninstall Norton Safety Minder. I am using version 22.214.171.124 with Windows 7 Home Premium. I have tried all of the other remedies listed on the Club Penguin site. Please help.
06-26-2012 07:07 PM
The 2.3.x.x product line has brought the Club Penguin issue back. With this version set installed you can not log into club penguin just like before. I can uninstall 126.96.36.199 and reinstall the older 188.8.131.52 (I belive it is) and the page runs fine. This is a real problem since there is no way to not update. Most childern love this game and I want my kids to be able to use it but I also need the security for them and yours is by far on of the best. Please give us an update for this issue and a fix SOON. I am running flash 11.3.300.257 32bit version. On Windows 7 Pro 64 bit with IE 9.0.8112.16421. Even unmonitored accounts on the PC's with NSM installed are affected not just unmonitored accounts.