Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
jrykowski

Identity Safe for Android Issues

I am using Norton Identity Safe on my Samsung Galaxy 7.7 tablet.  I have two problems that I can't find a solution for. 

If I add a new password to my vault on my laptop, I don't see the new link on my tablet unless I uninstall and reinstall the Norton app.

My other question is how to save a new password within the tablet itself.  In other words, let's say I visit a site for the first time and enter a password.  Identity Safe is not asking me if I want to save the login info as it would if I were on my laptop.  

Any help you could provide would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

John

Symantec Employee
albertcwang

Re: Identity Safe for Android Issues

Hi John,

There is an auto-sync feature and your new saved account should show up the next time you open up your account list. It might be possible that there might be a few minutes delay for that to happen. If that does not work, try closing the vault and log in again.

For our initial release the Android app does not have the ability to store new logins. We're working on adding that to a future release. Currently the only way of storing a new login is via the PC/Mac clients. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Albert

Visitor
jrykowski

Re: Identity Safe for Android Issues

Hi Albert,

Thanks for such a quick response.  I thought I did log out and then back in to the vault, but I'll make sure to try it again.  I look forward to future updates and enhancements.  

John