Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
ashwani
Accepted Solution

1 user / 3 PC

I am new to antivirus s/w and buying online norton IS 2011 for my laptops. I am getting a good deal for 1user / 3 pc. What does it means? I have 3 laptops at my home but have different user names while logging into windows. Will 1 user / 3 PC work for my laptops?

regards

Regular Contributor
Tywin7

Re: 1 user / 3 PC

[ Edited ]

1 user 3 pc means that you are able to use the product on 3 computers within the same household. The usernames doesn't matter.  I have bought a 1 user 3 PC option and have installed it on 2 of my laptops.  It doesn't matter if the Windows computer you are installing on is a laptop, desktop, or netbook.

Copied from: http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100105183322AAM1UwL

I think Norton themselves refer to all of them as 1 PC, 3 PC, 5 PC etc rather than User since if you have more than one User Account in Windows they do not count each of those provided they are on the same installation of Windows.
Norton Internet Security 2011 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (Check if you are eligable for a FREE Norton upgrade)
Success is 10 percent inspiration and 90 percent perspiration.”--Thomas Alva Edison
I'm not a Symantec employee and my posts do not represent the views of Symantec.
Regular Contributor
Tywin7

Hi ya

If this problem has been solved, why not mark the post which solved the problem as solution by clicking on "accept as solution." This post can be yours or others.

Norton Internet Security 2011 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (Check if you are eligable for a FREE Norton upgrade)
Success is 10 percent inspiration and 90 percent perspiration.”--Thomas Alva Edison
I'm not a Symantec employee and my posts do not represent the views of Symantec.
AllenM
Topics: 227
Kudos: 2,164
Solutions: 379

HI ashwani,

It would be good to double check that your netbook meets the minimum system requirements. Most netbooks can run the regular version of NIS with no probelm but it is good to make sure.

The minimum system requirements can be found here.

Best wishes.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.5.0.19 * Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari.
Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.5.0.19