Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
sooner12

2012 Identity Safe Problem

Just downloaded and installed Internet Security 2012.  Identity safe now shows MFU and MRU (most frequently used and most recently used) log-ins when you click the button.

This is a security and privacy issue.  All a co-worker has to do is go to my computer, click on the yellow Identify Safe button, and they will see my MFU and MRU sites with no further action.

Customer support says there is no fix...this is a big flaw!  Every program I can think of allows you to make a decision whether to keep a list of frequent files/websites or not

SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,861
Solutions: 780

Re: 2012 Identity Safe Problem

sooner12 wrote:

This is a security and privacy issue.  All a co-worker has to do is go to my computer, click on the yellow Identify Safe button, and they will see my MFU and MRU sites with no further action.

If your Identity Safe is unlocked, it really doesn't matter that these sites are showing in the dropdown, since anyone could access all of your account login information anyway.  I do agree that there should be a way to clear this though, as sometimes you would prefer not to have a history available.

K_Ramachandran
Kudos: 22
Solutions: 12

Hi sooner12,

I really concern about your question. But imagine like there is no history about your logins, you are still logged into identity safe - people can use your logins and passwords - am I right?

But Norton 2012 is providing you more enhanced facilities that makes your logins and passwords easier to access - but when it comes for privacy and security - we have to configure it in a  way - so that the facilities will be available only for you..!!!!

In Norton 2012, we provide you Identity safe Password security & configure:

Under this option :-

------------------------

■Ask for my password at the beginning of each Loginsession

■ Ask for my password before filling out a Login

■ Automatically log out of Identity Safe if computer isinactiveforspecific_period_of_time --

[The time framesare 15 minutes, 30 minutes, and 45 minutes.]

So, Its up to you that you can select the security level for your convenience..

Let me know If you have any issues..!!!!!!

K Ramachandran
Norton One Support Advisor
Visitor
sooner12

Say I have just used Identity Safe to log-in to my bank, facebook, and my e-mail.  I walk away from my desk for a moment.  I don't want to log-off Identify Safe, I am just going to get a cup of coffee.

A co-worker can simply press the yellow lock icon and see the last places I logged in.  Now, this is probably not a really big deal to most people, but I have a snoop in the next kiosk that would love to know what I am doing.

In all my Microsoft Office applications, I can select how many (if any) recent files show on the recent file list.  In my browsers, I can select rather or not to retain history.  I simply want an option in Norton Identify Safe whether to display the most recently used log-on list or not....

Symantec Employee
prasanna_a

Hi Sonner,

With the current  product we have not provided the option what you want.

Just check the product suggestions wherein you have updated your suggestion for this, thanks for the suggestions.

Regards,

Prasanna.

PhoneMan
Topics: 22
Kudos: 161
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0
Solutions: 13

I have to agree with Sooner that there should be a way to clear this section. I have all my logins organzed into folders and this list keeps getting bigger and bigger. Its was a good idea but we just need a little control over the feature.

Jim :smileyhappy: