Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
jdrsjr

2013 update of AntiVirus

Just upgraded my Anti Virus and it runs in Spanish not English that I had before.....what do I do to fix?  Did remover but New downloads come in Spanish too.

Regular Contributor
intesec

Re: 2013 update of AntiVirus

Hi jdrsjr

It might have something to do with the country you are in when you activated the product.  I have read that you can log into your Norton account and put the version in the bin or trashcan and then download the language version you require.  To uninstall the Norton product use the add/remove windows programme then run the Norton removal tool specific for the version you have then restart the computer.

To confirm the above you might like to use live chat with a Norton representative on the link below.

You might like to back up your personal data first and your identity safe if you use it.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/contact?directChat=on&entsrc=redirect_pubweb

ATB

intesec 

huwyngr
Topics: 1,034
Kudos: 2,820
Solutions: 376

Can you clarify what country you are in and whether you ever installed a Spanish language version.

How did you Upgrade and by upgrade do you mean going from say the 2012/V19 to the 2013/V20 using the Upgrade link on the Support menu of your Norton AntiVirus or from a popup message offering you the upgrade.

Is it Norton AntiVirus you have or Norton Internet Security?

Hugh
jdrsjr

Norton Anti Virus.  I just responded to a request to upgrade.  Upgrade fee went through. I am in Canada

jdrsjr

Sorry....did update not upgrade.

huwyngr
Topics: 1,034
Kudos: 2,820
Solutions: 376

jdrsjr wrote:

Sorry....did update not upgrade.

Unfortunately the message Norton gives says "update" but is in fact an upgrade ...... we have compalined about this.....

But that should not account for the Spanish edition.

Could you please contact Norton OnLine Support about this via the CHAT route as below which uses the computer keyboard not you phone. They should lbe able to sort this out for you. I've a sort of an idea that it has happened before ....

To contact customer support Click on this link https://www.norton.com/chat   and work on from there.

Please let us know how you get on ....

Hugh