Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
thetechguy1
Accepted Solution

3rd install on my product key not available after hard drive re-format and NIS 30 day trial install

Hello All:

When I first purchased the NIS 2012 retail packaged software I used the NIS 30 day free trial on all 3 of my computers and at day 29 I used the keycode to "Renew" them all for the 365 days.

Yesterday I had to re-format the hard drive on my daughter's desktop PC (nothing related to NIS) and now when I try to use that 3rd PC license on the same machine to "Renew" the 30 day free trial of NIS that I have running it tells me "You have exceeded the number of allowable installations of this subscription".  How do I free up that 3rd seat of the software so I can use it again???

When I go into Manage Products using the link in the message window from Norton I can't make heads or tails out of what I am looking at.  Probably because I used the same Norton Account to activate products for lots of family members not just for me.

Thanks,

peterweb
Kudos: 1,365
Solutions: 342

Re: 3rd install on my product key not available after hard drive re-format and NIS 30 day trial inst

When you log into Norton Management, click on the My Account tab. Then you need to look for the current NIS subscription along the top of the page. Then you should see a list of the 3 computers on that key. From there you try to identify the individual computers from the names listed. Then click on the trash can beside the one you have reformatted.

If you are unable to determine which one to delete, you can delete any one. Then if one of the other computersdoes not work, you will just have to re activate that one and then try another one till you find the right one.

If you have Norton Management installed on the PC's, you can give them identifiable names in case you need to do this again.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Visitor
thetechguy1

Re: 3rd install on my product key not available after hard drive re-format and NIS 30 day trial inst

Thank you!!!

peterweb
Kudos: 1,365
Solutions: 342

Glad I could help.

We are here if you need us again.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.