Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Regular Visitor
W1mnk

5013,3 Error

2 days ago I got a window with Error: 5013,3 - I chatted with support, and they ended up uninstalling Malwarebytes and IOBit 360. They then used NRT, rebooted and installed NIS 2011 (18.5.0.125). All was well until the next bootup yesterday morning, same error. Again chatted with support and they did the NRT/boot/install NIS 2011. Well, this morning same error!! I didn't chat with support (yet). I read only one thread in the forums here that said that there was an issue with a Microsoft update. Unfortunately there was no reference to what update, or any other details. Any help with this error would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Regards, Jon

Visitor
hamish

Re: 5013,3 Error

I'm having exactly the same issue and it started a couple of days ago as well.  I also went through tech support's uninstall reinstall process with no luck.  I found the same post on the forum concerning the mysterious windows update that might help but as you say, no details. Tech support also told me that I may have a windows service turned off and I should call but they are pretty darn busy so no satishfaction yet.  Seems to me it would very helpful for everyone if we can get something posted in the forum  - then  those of us who can download a non essential windows update or turn services on or off can look after ourselves allowing Tech support to direct their time towards those who can't.  I'll be watching to see if you get an answer and if I get any details, I'll post as well.  Hamish

floplot
Topics: 209
Kudos: 2,014
Solutions: 361

Hello W1mnk

If you have the free version of Malwarebytes, that will not interfere with your Norton product. The paid version will.

When did this problem start? Has it been since Windows updates came out on Tuesday? What operating system and sp2 and is it 32 or 64 bit? What Norton product and what version number please? Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

floplot

Hello harnish

Could you please answer the same questions as I asked the O/P.? Let's see if we can narrow down the operating system. If it's from the Windows updates from this past Tuesday, i  don't think there were very many updates. I don't think there were more than 1 or 2 from Jan. updates. Thanks.

Visitor
hamish

Thanks for your quick response.  No, I'm not using Malwarebytes - free or paid.  Yes, the error showed up Wednesday after I updated my system Tuesday evening.  I'm using Win 7 64 bit and Norton Internet Security 2011.  (Tech support linked me up with the latest version of Norton in the uninstall renistall process.)  By the way, tech support's latest message says the error is not due to a missing Win 7 service.   Sounds very much like a "win 7 update" surprise outcome.   Much appreciated, regards Hamish

Regular Visitor
W1mnk

I think that it did start after the MS updates!! I'm using Win 7 Ultimate x64 with NIS 2011 18.5.0.125. I did have Malwarebytes free and IOBit Security 360 paid installed but both have been removed.

Visitor
amors

i had got the same error, and the Norton Assist cant solve it,

only they can do is uninstall and reinstall again and again, transfer me from one assit to another

floplot

Hello

I have a feeling if this problem was due to Windows update, there would be more than the just the 3 of you complaining about this problem.

Regular Visitor
W1mnk

I agree... however what it if were a combination of some other condition and the updates? Maybe only a couple of us have that combination, and others maybe coming forward with time. It might be helpful if some from Symantec would tell us what the error means. Without that infrormation, we are unlikely to get a resolution. And note that in the two support chats, the tech's immediate response was to NRT/boot/install. Is there a log/log reader that we can look at? And there is nothing in windows event viewer application section.

floplot

[ Edited ]

Hello

I see we had a case of this error earlier, before this latest batch of windows updates came out. In that case, it was a non essential windows update, but it doesn't mention which update. I will try and find out if I can find out which update was the culprit the last time.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Error-5013-3/m-p/357338/highlight/tru...

Being that it is the weekend now, there may not be any responses back to my equiry until after the weekend. Thanks.