Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
yendor01

AVG says Norton install download has Trojan attached to it

I wanted to replace AVG with Norton Antivirus. I thought it best to have virus protection running until the Nortan Antivirus download was completed. When I went to my account and clicked the download link, AVG reported that a Trojan virus was attached to the download.

Is there really a virus attached to the Norton download?

Super Spam Squasher
Bombastus

Re: AVG says Norton install download has Trojan attached to it

You say you downloaded the Norton product from your Norton account page? Then no, it does not in any way contain a trojan but is a false positive from AVG.

yendor01

Thanks.

dickevans

yendor01 wrote:

I wanted to replace AVG with Norton Antivirus. I thought it best to have virus protection running until the Nortan Antivirus download was completed. When I went to my account and clicked the download link, AVG reported that a Trojan virus was attached to the download.

Is there really a virus attached to the Norton download?

Hi,

Security products often see other security products as theats. This is one of the many reasons that I never recommend having more than one active scanner present on a system. One or two on demand scanners with no active components are often suggested so that you can have a second opinion scan.

To be sure that you have a clean install of your Norton product be sure to use the removal tools for the other product before you try to install your Norton product.

http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/

is a link/list of removal tools

Keep us posted

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21