Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
JerryDPreston

Activation Problem - Not Acceping ID code received by email

I just bought a 3 year 3 computer upgrade, got my email confirmation of the order.  When I go to my account to activate it I copy and paste the serial number provided and it keeps saying "invalid Product Serial Number."  What am I doing wrong?

floplot
Topics: 218
Kudos: 2,055
Solutions: 367

Re: Activation Problem - Not Acceping ID code received by email

Hello JerryDPreston

Welcome to the Norton Community Forum

Did you buy a new subscription or renew the current NIS 2011?  If you plug a new key into your NIS 2011 where it says renew, then you will lose the number of days you have left on your current subscription. If you are adding on to your current subscription, then you will have to do like Dustyn should have done in this thread.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/NIS-2011-Adding-time-to-an-existing-s...

If you have bought a new subscription, then I would recommend that you wait until the day or 2 before your subscription expires and then plug in the new key directly into NIS 2011 where it says renew on the main page. You don't have to go to your Norton Account to activate it.

Please let us know what it was that you did. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

PC_confused
Topics: 120
Kudos: 120
Solutions: 28

Hello JerryDPreston and welcome to the Community.  You have an email confirmation so you should have created a MyNortonAccount, if you log into your account, you should find your current license information.  I don't remember ever being asked to type in my serial number??  Usually you have to enter the NIS 25 character Key Code, which validates your licenses.  If you are having account problems, the best, easiest and fastest  way to get some help, is to use this LINK to the U.S./Canada On-line Chat service.  You may have to scroll your screen down a little, to see the Chat Now button.  They are usually very good at helping with account problems.  Please come back and let us know if this solved your problem. 

huwyngr
Topics: 1,038
Kudos: 2,862
Solutions: 379

Jerry,

Are you sure you didn't get two codes and maybe used the wrong one -- your attachment indicates:

Norton Internet Security 2011

Norton Virus Removal Assurance

Which are both paid for services

Hugh
delphinium
Kudos: 2,965
Solutions: 293

For your protection, please type the serial number of the following product:

This actually looks familiar.  If you ordered the product online from a reseller, you may see this during the  completion of the purchase.  Were you asked to sign in to your mynorton account and enter the serial number?

You should still get an email that will show both the serial number and the actual activation number.  It is the activation number that needs to be entered.

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.
Mark Twain