Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
FManMedia

All my outgoing email is being rejected as Spam

I upgraded my Norton Internet Security product four days ago, and every since it began rejecting all my email, returning the error message:  

550 5.7.1 The message you attempted to send was determined to be spam. Please visit http://www.verizon.net/spamfaq for more information.

Verizon support claims that this message was in response to my system flagging my outgoing mail as spam to the Verizon server.  Even replies were rejected.  

I was able to learn that if I erase the url to my website in my footer, the mail could go through. So this has something to do with NIP scanning my outgoing email, finding a URL, and concluding that this email must be spam, then communicating that to the Verizon server.

How can I remedy this?  Including my website on every outgoing piece of email is a required business standard

Please advise

Thanks!

PC_confused
Topics: 120
Kudos: 120
Solutions: 28

Re: All my outgoing email is being rejected as Spam

FManMedia - As a possible work-around, have you tried using the word "AT" instead of using the "@" in the address at the bottom of your email?  This way I don't think the scanner would mistake your address as a hyperlink.