Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
boring

Anti Virus and Firewall turned off

[ Edited ]

I have just installed Nortons Internet Security 2008 and everytime I start up my pc I get a message that Anit Virus and Firewall have been turned off when looking at Nortons program it tells me that the pc is secure with both of these. Can someone plese explain why this is. Thank you for your time.

[edit: Fixed topic typo.]

Message Edited by Allen_K on 06-12-2008 08:36 PM
Stu Rootkit Eradicator
Rootkit Eradicator
Stu

Re: Anit Virus and Firewall turned off

Is it Windows or Norton talking?
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"
boring

Its Nortons telling me.
InsanityNet

I get the same problem too! I didn't when I had just Vista, but last night I installed Vista SP1 and ever since then it say's, "You have turned off your Anitspyware, Antivirus and Firewall" when I turn on my computer even though I haven't! It says "Secure" and everything! I got all the latest updates through LiveUpdate before I installed SP1. So I have no idea what's going on!
Super Keylogger Crusher
MelodicWynd

hi boring - any chance of getting a screen shot?

you can upload one after creating a free account at photobucket.com.

mel 

Visitor
Robr

Hi - I have exactly the same problem.

I can't be 100% sure but I think it may have started after installing XP SP3.  I know also that SP3 has caused some problems with NAV but I think they were other problems and I've run the reg cleaner app which makes no difference.

Everything seems to be OK but it's a little disconcerting to get the message, appartently from Norton, as it makes you unsure as to whether some sort of virus is at work.

I have a screen shot but can't work out how to upload it!

Rgds,

Robr

Allen_K

Robr wrote:

I have a screen shot but can't work out how to upload it!

Hi Robr,

We don't host any images as part of the forum, however you can insert images into your posts.   First you must upload your screenshot to any of the free image hosting services such as photobucket.com, imageshack, flickr, etc....   Once you have the URL for the uploaded image, use the image tool on the toolbar while you are making your post here (it looks like a tree and is just to the right of the 'chain link' or 3rd to the right from the smilie tool.)

Hope that helps. 

Allen
Visitor
Robr

Thanks - I did see that but realised I'd need to host the photo somewhere which kind of stumped me.  I didn't think of the free photo hosting sites.

Rgds,

Robr

boring

I find it hard to take a screen shot as it happens so quickly.  It falshes up and then goes down more of less straight away.
Rootkit Eradicator

Could someone explain to me what "Anit Virus" is.  :smileytongue:
Thursday, November 21, 2013: The THREATCON was changed to Level 1: Normal | Tue., Nov. 05, 2013: Zero-Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Security Advisory 2896666 | Saturday, November 09, 2013: Cyber-Criminals Serve Up A Veritable Smorgasbord Of Threats For South Koreans | Wednesday, October 09, 2013: New Internet Explorer Zero-Day Targeted In Attacks Against Korea And Japan [C.V.E.-2013-3897]