01-31-2012 06:42 AM
Hi SendOfJive and Rilke:
Yes, definitely has nothing to do with an Asian character set.
The possible solution is quite interesting!
Rilke please tell us if the above links helped solve this issue - I'm very curious.
Special thanks to SendOfJive for presenting this explanation and resources!
01-31-2012 01:38 PM
Hello, just wanted to let you know that my issue now seems to be resolved. I also had similar characters as Rilke did on my password username on one particular site. I checked several logins from my identity safe and the rest were problem free. I don't know if clearing the cache or deleting that particular password and re-entering it in my identity safe fixed the problem but I have tried it several times and it is now working fine. I Still don't know if it was a browser issue or something that coincided with the 19.5 upgrade. Thanks Atomic blast for your help. People like you and SOJ have helped me more with computers than you'll ever know.
01-31-2012 09:16 PM - edited 01-31-2012 09:16 PM
Thanks for letting us to know, We are able to reproduce the issue from ourside and we are tracking with a defect.
02-01-2012 02:27 PM
For the past several days, if a login page is refreshed or backed-up to, Chinese characters appear in the login name field.
No problem when new page is opened.
NIS 2012 Version 126.96.36.199
IE 9 (fully updated)
Windows 7 x64 (fully updated)
02-01-2012 03:36 PM - edited 02-01-2012 04:27 PM
These may not be Chinese characters. What you are seeing may be Unicode placeholders that are little squares with four characters in each one. This issue was recently reported in the following thread is is being investigated:
EDIT - And though the wonders of Forum magic, we find ourselves instantly transported into that thread.
02-01-2012 04:13 PM
You may very well be correct, SendOfJive.
Encoding Auto-Select was off. When turned on, encoding changed from Western European (ISO) to Western European (Windows) and upon refreshing the page, correct characters were displayed.
And thanks to Tim_Lopez for moving this to the existing thread. I missed it despite searching several times.
02-01-2012 04:46 PM
I am getting this now as well. Not sure if my FireFox 9.01 coding is correct but I have not changed it. I just got the 19.5 update yesterday though.
It seems I spend more time fixing my systems than working on them!
02-01-2012 04:51 PM
"Thanks for letting us to know, We are able to reproduce the issue from ourside and we are tracking with a defect."
Good to know that! Thank you for all your help.