07-21-2011 09:40 PM
Can you please give us more information about the issue your are facing.
1) Please tell us which version of Norton Internset Security you are using? (You can check the version of Norton Internet Security under "Support" -> "About")
2) Please check whether Norton ToolBar is enabled in your browser.
For IE, Check under "Tools"->"Manage Add-ons".
For FireFox, Check under "Tools"->"Add-Ons"->"Extensions".
3) If you had installed NIS on 64-Bit OS, then please make sure you are using 32-Bit version of IE under
(C:\Program Files (X86)\Internet Explorer since Norton ToolBar is not supported in 64-Bit version of IE.)
4) Open "Settings"->"Web Settings"->"Identity Safe options" and check whether "Securely collect and store...." check box is enabled in the UI.
5) Please tell us the OS on which you have installed Norton Internet Security?
6) Please tell us the Browser and its version on which you are facing this issue?
07-21-2011 09:42 PM
Hello JudyK and welcome!
Unfortunatley you didn't mention which Norton Version you are using and what browser is involved (not all browsers are supported), but please follow these steps:
First, please open the main NIS interface > Web Settings and check that Identity Safe is enabled and that the Identity Safe Options are at the default settings.
Next, please check that the Symantec / Norton Add-ons are enabled in your browser (Tools > Manage Add-ons).
If these settings are okay, you should consider resetting your Identity Safe.
Let us know if the Auto-fill function works now.
And, always backup your Identity Safe Data to an external media on a regular basis.
[portions courtesy of Symantec Employee Thalir]
Norton 360 • Norton Internet Security • Norton Zone | XP SP3 • Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64
• PLEASE, BACKUP or EXPORT your Identity Safe Data on a regular basis •
07-21-2011 09:43 PM
Tell us the browser that you use and it's version. Also the Norton product and it's version.
Please make sure that Norton Toolbar is enabled in your browser. You can click View on the top and see the Norton Toolbar is enabled or Not.