Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
jessm

Can I add another computer in our house to our current subscription?

We installed norton when we first purchased our computer about 3yrs ago, & have kept it updated.  Can I now add another computer in our house to the subscription without paying more money?  I can't find the original CD.

Thanks!

huwyngr
Topics: 1,033
Kudos: 2,815
Solutions: 375

Re: Can I add another computer in our house to our current subscription?

jessm wrote:

We installed norton when we first purchased our computer about 3yrs ago, & have kept it updated.  Can I now add another computer in our house to the subscription without paying more money?  I can't find the original CD.

Thanks!

That depneds on whether you had a 1 PC or a 3 PC version (which can also depend on whether you have Norton AntiVirus or Norton Internet Security.

Your best bet is to contact Customer Support with some more information:

To contact customer support Click on this link and work on from there.

You can choose CHAT or Email; phone may have a long wait time and feedback from users tells us that CHAT is by far the best at resolving problems.

Note that that link is to the USA/CAN website so if you are located elsewhere I'm sure you will be able to find the equivalent location on your local Symantec website; some pages have a link at the top right where you can select the country you are located in.

When you have your Norton product up on the screen click on Help (or Help & Support depending on what you have) and then on About and make a note of the information on that screen -- I think they will want the Version ID which is in the format nn.nn.nn.nnn and the Serial Number.

You may also be able to tell how many PCs from your Norton Account that you open when you activate the product.

If you do not have the CD I imagine that you do not have the multi-character KEY that activates the product so that you will need to get either from your Norton Account or from Customer Support.

Hope that helps -- plesae let us know how you get along.

Hugh
Super Spam Squasher
boneidle

Re: Can I add another computer in our house to our current subscription?

As huwyngr said,

If you open the norton window, click 'My Account', enter your email address and password in next window.

On the page that opens, it will tell you if you have any remaining activations.

And if you click the little dropdown arrow on the left, it will tell you your Key.