Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
jfmitch1716

Can't connect to Internet

Ever since updating my Norton Anti-virus I can't access the internet.  I've tried turning Windows firewall off and on , same problem.  I downloaded Install_Winsockxp.fix and got The instructions at "0x71578dad" referenced memory at "0x71578dad" This memory could not be read.

So here I am with hand out looking for help.  This is the first problem I've ever had with Norton and that goes back into the 90s.

Jim

dickevans

Re: Can't connect to Internet

jfmitch1716 wrote:

Ever since updating my Norton Anti-virus I can't access the internet.  I've tried turning Windows firewall off and on , same problem.  I downloaded Install_Winsockxp.fix and got The instructions at "0x71578dad" referenced memory at "0x71578dad" This memory could not be read.

So here I am with hand out looking for help.  This is the first problem I've ever had with Norton and that goes back into the 90s.

Jim

Welcome Jim,
Can you access the Internet when you do a control panel uninstall of NAV? Also, what's your OS?

Thanks

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Visitor
jfmitch1716

XP is the operating system.  Doesn't work even with Norton AntiVirus uninstalled.  I do have email.

Visitor
jfmitch1716

I have since replaced Norton with Avast.  Everything now running well.  Norton has lost another long time subscriber.

Thanks for trying to help.

Jim

dickevans

jfmitch1716 wrote:

I have since replaced Norton with Avast.  Everything now running well.  Norton has lost another long time subscriber.

Thanks for trying to help.

Jim

Jim,
Sorry you are leaving us. To be sure that you aren't bothered by any Norton leftovers please download and run the Norton Removal Tool. This will clean out the last bits and bytes of the program that might conflict with your new security product.

We'll be here when you need us

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Visitor
jfmitch1716

Thanks will use the Removal tool.

Jim