Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
cattyy

Cannot uninstall Norton security suite & Firefox will not work

I had to restore my computer to a previous day & now Norton doesn't work nor Firefox.  IE does but I never use it just firefox. The Norton was put on in Jan 2012 & it is the one from Comcast.net. It doesn't do anything except say C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Security Suite\Engine\5.2.2.3\uistub.exe   Unspecified error. I use win7 on a laptop & always use Firefox.  What do I do?  Thank you.

Spyware Scolder
SecurePC

Re: Cannot uninstall Norton security suite & Firefox will not work

Hi cattyy,

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Norton since the System Restore?

Win8.1 | NIS 21 | NSM | MBAM Pro | Spybot S&D | SpywareBlaster | KeyScrambler Prem | Secunia PSI | TrueCrypt | CCleaner | JV16 PowerTools | PerfectDisk Pro
// NIS Settings: Aggressive Heuristics / Aggressive SONAR / Aggressive Boot Time ~ www.needGod.com
Contributor
cattyy

When I try to uninstall from programs or from the link on Norton on my desktop, it does nothing..

Contributor
cattyy

Why does this say solved? It is NOT solved.

Spyware Scolder
SecurePC

cattyy,

This thread has been marked as Solved, has your problem been corrected or was that an accident?

Win8.1 | NIS 21 | NSM | MBAM Pro | Spybot S&D | SpywareBlaster | KeyScrambler Prem | Secunia PSI | TrueCrypt | CCleaner | JV16 PowerTools | PerfectDisk Pro
// NIS Settings: Aggressive Heuristics / Aggressive SONAR / Aggressive Boot Time ~ www.needGod.com
Spyware Scolder
SecurePC

Alright, you probably clicked the "Accept as Solution" by accident. Otherwise there might have been a glitch. The forums seem to be acting up on me some today.

peterweb
Kudos: 1,177
Solutions: 305

[ Edited ]

cattyy wrote:

Why does this say solved? It is NOT solved.

The 'Mark as Solution' button is close to the reply and kudos buttons, so you may have hit that by mistake while viewing the pages.

I have Unmarked the solution for you.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Spyware Scolder
SecurePC

[ Edited ]

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to completely remove Norton then restart the computer. If this works, then redownload and install Norton from your Comcast account.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?docid=kb20080710133834EN_EndUs...

Spyware Scolder
SecurePC

[ Edited ]

[Deleted]

Contributor
cattyy

Ok thank you much..:cattongue::catvery-happy: