Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
CRichard4278

Carrying my Norton account/subscription over to my new computer??

Hi guys.Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this(my first time on these boards)but im building a new computer for my Computer Tech class competition we do.One of the things i was wondering(and ive never tried)was if i install my Norton on my new computer im building,will i be able to carry over my subscription and my account?I had 2007 and then Symantec gave me a free 2008 upgrade when it was released so i dont have the 2008 disc.It would really be great if i didnt have to go out of my way and buy a whole new Norton to get my antivirus back :/.Thanks for the help guys and girls!
TomV

Re: Carrying my Norton account/subscription over to my new computer??

Hi CRichard4278,

Welcome to the community!

You'll be for sure able to get the subscription transferred. By the way, are you using Norton Antivirus or Internet Security? Before you transfer the subscription, I suggest that you contact the Customer Support to find out the regional policies that apply.

You can connect to a Symantec support representative in an online chat session through the "One Click Support" feature within the product. 

Here is how you can access the built-in support assistant.

1. Click Help & Support.

2. Select One Click Support.

When the support page is successfully loaded, follow the on-screen instructions to get access to a support agent.

Let me know if this works. We will be more than happy to help you if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Visitor
CRichard4278

Thanks for the response and the steps for the online support!Im using the Antivirus by the way and i must say you guys have never let me down!Great product indeed.Its also good to hear i can carry my account over to my next computer without having to buy a WHOLE NEW Norton.Is there anyway you can personally tell me how i would go about transferring my account over to my new computer or a link on how to do it would be great as well.Thanks again!
TomV

Hi CRichard4278

I strongly recommend that you contact the customer support first because they will be able to view your product key and let you know all the information that you need to transfer subscription.

Now that you already have your product up and running, it becomes easy for you to contact the support through the built-in support assistant. We certainly have some policies in place that govern the transfer of subscription and customer support will be the best channel to get advice on those lines.  If you run into any problems, feel free to write to us in the forum.

You can also contact Symantec Customer Services, by clicking HERE.

Thanks,