Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
trainthemnow

Re: CryptoLocker

[ Edited ]

Hello All,

So, I am waiting for the answer to Gorg's question . . .

Does NIS 2014 detect and block cryptolocker?

Thanks and . . .

Best Respect,

Bob

Bot Obliterator
Quads

[ Edited ]

That has already been answered more than once on this forum, Including on this thread.

Quads

Regular Contributor
dforrest

Quads wrote:

That has already been answered more than once on this forum, Including on this thread.

Quads

Where?  I do not see it.

Spyware Scolder
SecurePC

Quads answered it by simply giving the name:

Quads wrote:

Trojan.Ransomcrypt.F   But as I said there is probably a lot of droppers out there and all it takes is one to get though now and then.

Kaspersky calls it Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Blocker.xxxx  (xxxx = letters for the variant I would say).

Win8.1 | NIS 21 | NSM | MBAM Pro | Spybot S&D | SpywareBlaster | KeyScrambler Prem | Secunia PSI | TrueCrypt | CCleaner | JV16 PowerTools | PerfectDisk Pro
// NIS Settings: Aggressive Heuristics / Aggressive SONAR / Aggressive Boot Time ~ www.needGod.com
huwyngr
Topics: 1,038
Kudos: 2,862
Solutions: 379

SecurePC wrote:

Quads wrote:

Trojan.Ransomcrypt.F   But as I said there is probably a lot of droppers out there and all it takes is one to get though now and then.

Kaspersky calls it Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Blocker.xxxx  (xxxx = letters for the variant I would say).

Yes, but we aren't code readers here and since we don't charge by the word it would have been more helpful if Quads had said:

Norton detects it as ...

Is detecting the same as blocking? One would hope so but ......

It's nice when people know a lot share it with those of us who don't.

Hugh
Visitor
trainthemnow

AMEN.

dbrisendine
Kudos: 1,294
Solutions: 263

huwyngr wrote:

Yes, but we aren't code readers here and since we don't charge by the word it would have been more helpful if Quads had said:

Norton detects it as ...

Detected means blocked / handled per current remediation procedures (for Norton products).

Win7 x32 SP1
yank
Kudos: 2,245
Solutions: 511

This is how I see it:

The Question:

Does NIS 2014 detect and block cryptolocker?

The answer required: 

A simple Yes or No.

What is so difficult about Quads saying one word or the other?

Yes, I am tired of the games people play!

Norton Fighter
Krusty13

The problem is it is not one threat.  Like many other malware there are different variants.  Take FBI ransomware for example - it looks the same but it actually has many different versions.

W W W  =  Wild Wild West.    Be careful out there!

Bot Obliterator
Quads

huwyngr wrote:

SecurePC wrote:

Quads wrote:

Norton detects it as ...

I also stated here, http://community.norton.com/t5/Malware-Discussion/CryptoLocker-Virus/m-p/1040439#M5347 

"Yes, but we aren't code readers here and since we don't charge by the word it would have been more helpful if Quads had said:"

So this forum contradicts itself,   in that case,  From we can all do the likes of malware removal blah blah that has apeared in talks on the forum over the years.  But yet hmmmm can't understand what is said, can't understand what is going on in the system,  some can't read the logs,  can't figure what is infecting the system, so use MBAM, Spybot, System Restore,  and other programs........................... But we don't read code or understand malware 

"It's nice when people know a lot share it with those of us who don't."    No,  giving info to users who think hey I can do this or that, not I can do this or that.   Is Dangerous in itself and I will not explain anything to the guys here like with Ransomware, Zeroaccess, or other malware as users here already think they know,  I am not going to add any knowledge to that danger.

Users can all do everything that that is stepped in oh try this or that, then the answers should already be known.

If actual, Malware Remover groups or the likes of Tech Support, SSR (Security Response) ask for info, or why something happens with NPE, or some malware groups  I will give the data, info, answers or files I may have.

But that does not show on the forum boards for the rest of the users to then think they know now and will give anything a go.

Sometimes the best way is to know no knowlege at all except  the "I don't know"

Quads