Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Reply
Contributor
CR41
Posts: 53
Registered: ‎05-08-2011
Accepted Solution

ERROR 8506,421

[ Edited ]

Hi folks, I'm having an issue with Norton's latest NIS, I have had it un-installed and re-installed three times now by the tech team on live chat.  But after a day or so, when I start up the pc (Vista 32bit) it shows a red cross on the Norton logo instead of a green tick which some time will right it's self after a few seconds. Now I'm also getting an error message 8506,421. Please don't say un-install and re-install. I feel if it's come to that, it can stay un-installed and another product can take it's place.  Thanks guy's 

Visitor
Pucho
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎10-10-2012

Re: ERROR 8506,421

 True, I too happened several times. I have thought about not renewing the subscription. For the second year in a row that I have problems with this Antivirus. Last year did not fill the data fields confidential 8This years still does), and this year is compounded this error. The chat service already desintaló and reinstalled twice, I did the third person. WHAT I said a technician is that the error is due to 8506.421 slow to load and initialize program that will eliminate unnecessary shortcuts and leave the desktop as clean as possible. For now, the error is not repeated again, let's see what happens as more chemical in every two or three days showed me the error. If you think back to let Norton show after 5 years of being your customer and bought another Antivirus less problematic. 

 

( Es verdad, a mi también me sucedió varias veces. Tengo pensado en no renovar la suscripcion. Pues es el segundo año consecutivo que tengo problemas con este Antivirus. El año pasado no rellenaba los campos de datos confidenciales 8este año lo sigue haciendo), y este año se le suma este error. El servicio técnico por chat ya lo desintaló y reinstaló dos veces, la tercera lo hice yo personalmente. LO QUE ME DIJO HOY UN TECNICO es que el error 8506,421 se debe a la lentitud del programa para cargarse e inicializarse, que eliminara los accesos directos innecesarios y dejara el ESCRITORIO lo mas limpio posible. Por ahora, el error no se volvió a repetir, vamos a ver que sucede de quí en mas pues cada dos o tres días me mostraba el error. Si lo vuelve a mostrar creo que dejaré Norton luego de 5 años de ser su cliente y compre otro Antivirus menos problemático.)

peterweb
Posts: 9,084
Kudos: 1,442
Solutions: 360
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: ERROR 8506,421


CR41 wrote:

Hi folks, I'm having an issue with Norton's latest NIS, I have had it un-installed and re-installed three times now by the tech team on live chat.  But after a day or so, when I start up the pc (Vista 32bit) it shows a red cross on the Norton logo instead of a green tick which some time will right it's self after a few seconds. Now I'm also getting an error message 8506,421. Please don't say un-install and re-install. I feel if it's come to that, it can stay un-installed and another product can take it's place.  Thanks guy's 


 

What service pack do you have for Vista?

 

What is the version number of your NIS? Support - About.

 

Try clicking on Support - Get Support to run  Autofix to check your installation and fix what it finds.

 

Also, be sure you have run LiveUpdate manually a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available.


Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Contributor
CR41
Posts: 53
Registered: ‎05-08-2011

Re: ERROR 8506,421

Hi Peter, thanks for the reply, service pack is 2 and NIS 20.1.1.2 unfortunatly I have tried all of the above and when I started the pc this morning, it still shows a red cross for the first 60 sec before turning green.

 

 

Visitor
Pucho
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎10-10-2012

Re: ERROR 8506,421

Today, the problem appeared again, sixty seconds then red to green, and I think this is a problem of the program and not as I have come to say that Norton technicians is my operating system which is the problem and what take the technician's computer. It angers me much in the habit of technicians "pull up to the plate" always the fault of the other. Without getting to discuss that with the 360 version 6.0 that did not happen.

 

hoy, volvió a presentarse el problema, sesenta segundos color rojo luego a verde, creo que esto ya es un problema del programa y no como me han llegado a decir los técnicos de Norton que es mi sistema operativo el que tiene el problema y lo que lo lleve al tecnico del ordenador. Me enoja mucho la costumbre de los técnicos de " sacar los pies del plato" siempre la culpa la tiene el otro. Sin ponerse a analizar que con la versión 360 6.0 ESTO NO SUCEDÍA.

 

peterweb
Posts: 9,084
Kudos: 1,442
Solutions: 360
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: ERROR 8506,421

[ Edited ]

CR41 wrote:

Hi Peter, thanks for the reply, service pack is 2 and NIS 20.1.1.2 unfortunatly I have tried all of the above and when I started the pc this morning, it still shows a red cross for the first 60 sec before turning green.

 

 


Check that your system date and time are correct. 

 

The delay could just be while a LiveUpdate is running in the background at startup.

 

You can verify that you are protected by clicking on the icon and see what function( s) are disabled while the check mark is red.


Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Contributor
CR41
Posts: 53
Registered: ‎05-08-2011

Re: ERROR 8506,421

Thanks for trying Peter, I have been back on to live chat and yes another re-install was complete. Will just bite the bullet for now and see how it goes. Thanks again.

peterweb
Posts: 9,084
Kudos: 1,442
Solutions: 360
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: ERROR 8506,421


CR41 wrote:

Thanks for trying Peter, I have been back on to live chat and yes another re-install was complete. Will just bite the bullet for now and see how it goes. Thanks again.


Well, we are still here if you have a need for us.

 


Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Visitor
Pucho
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎10-10-2012

Re: ERROR 8506,421

El error se repite todos los días que comienzo la sesión....ESTO YA ES preocupante QUE UN ANTIVIRUS DE LA CATEGORIA MUNDIAL DE NORTON falle que tarde en cargar entre 1 y 2 minutos dejándo la puerta abierta a los ciber criminales.

Norton Fighter
Krusty13
Posts: 6,803
Registered: ‎05-31-2011

Re: ERROR 8506,421


Pucho wrote:

El error se repite todos los días que comienzo la sesión....ESTO YA ES preocupante QUE UN ANTIVIRUS DE LA CATEGORIA MUNDIAL DE NORTON falle que tarde en cargar entre 1 y 2 minutos dejándo la puerta abierta a los ciber criminales.


Translation by Google

 

The error is repeated every day I start the session .... This is already worrying that a world-class antivirus NORTON fails it takes to load between 1 and 2 minutes, leaving the door open to cyber criminals.

W W W  =  Wild Wild West.    Be careful out there!