Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Regular Visitor
Lapurple

Error 3035,6

I keep getting the 3035,6 error. I have run live update like suggested, but it does not solve the issue.  The problem all started Dec 26, 2011.  The autoprotect would automatically shut off.  This was with NIS 2011.  So I updated to 2012 hoping this would solve the problem.

I recieved errors and it took me to the automatic fix error box.  It could not find a solution so went to the website.  I followed all the instructions, ie, running Norton removal tool.  It scanned, found errors and rebooted.  On reboot, it cycled over and over again.  Could not open windows so I had to do a complete windows recovery from my geek squad discs!

I have since reinstalled NIS 2012 on my Hp Pavillion Media Center edition, xp.

All I can do now is restart and the autoprotect is fine for about a minute then here comes the error saying I shut of the autoprotect.  Something is shutting off, but it isn't me!

I'm afraid to run the Norton removal again.  My next step is just to uninstall.  I am hoping there is another way around this.  Any suggestions appreciated.

lmacri
Kudos: 635

Re: Error 3035,6

[ Edited ]

Hi Lapurple:

First make sure that your system clock on your computer is set to the correct day and time.  Then re-boot your computer and run LiveUpdates from your main NIS window until all updates (except pulse updates) have been delivered.  This may require more that one re-boot and LiveUpdate to get your NIS fully patched to v. 19.2.0.10.  Your NIS version can be found at Support | About.

It wouldn't hurt to download the free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) scanner and run a full scan just to make sure your system isn't infected with malware that's interferring with NIS .  I would advise that you decline the 15-day trial period of the advanced Pro features of MBAM, but if you decide to accept the full Pro 15-day trial make sure you disable the real-time protection mode in MBAM, since running more than one security program in real-time protection mode can create conflicts and allow malware to "sneak" past your Norton anti-virus protection.

If an MBAM scan doesn't solve the problem then try a clean re-install of NIS using the instructions posted here.  To get the best re-install of NIS it's important that you first uninstall NIS from the Control Panel (step 6) and then run the Norton Removal Tool 2 or 3 times with a re-boot between each wipe (step 7).

Post back and let us know if you've had any other manufacturer's security software (e.g., McAfee, AVG, Spybot Search & Destroy, etc.) running in real-time protection mode on your computer, either now or prior to installing NIS 2012.  Residual files from old security programs can sometimes prevent NIS from installing correctly (see my post here in baldeagleuk's thread titled Upgraded to NIS 2012, Lost Internet Access) but we can provide special instructions to wipe this old security software off your system before you perform your clean re-install if you think this might be an concern.

If you don't have your Win XP fully patched and running SP3 I would also suggest you bring your XP OS up-to-date before re-installing NIS 2012.

-----

Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2 * NIS 2011 v. 18.6.0.29 * IE 9.0 * Firefox 9.0.1
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3.0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Regular Visitor
Lapurple

Hi,

Sorry it took me so long to report back.  I took a chance and ran the live up date about 3 more times before it would install all of the updates.  I was then able to do a scan.  During the scan I looked away at some point and when I looked back there was the BSOD.  So I rebooted and magically autoprotect stayed on :smileyhappy:

I then downloaded and ran the Malwarebytes (thanks for that) and it found two intances of the malware PUP.CNET.Adware.Bundle After MBAM took care of those it produced another BSOD.  Luckily I was able to reboot and have had no more problems with Norton.

Now if only Chrome would quit crashing....sigh.

Thanks again.

Contributor
GDITech

[ Edited ]

The Cnet adware did not cause your BSOD. It was also installed because your forgot to uncheck the toolbar and other things when you installed whatever you did from Cnet. A BSOD can be caused by several things and not nessarily software. Download BlueScreenViewer and it should help you diagnose the issue. It could even be hardware related such as memory. Is the 3035,6 error gone? You can uninstall Chrome completely and reinstall Chrome which should solve the crashes. 

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

lmacri

[ Edited ]

Hi Lapurple:

Glad to hear NIS has been behaving since LiveUpdate delivered all the product updates.

The PUP in PUP.CNET.Adware.Bundle stands for Potentially Unwanted Program.  MBAM PUPs and PUM (potentially unwanted modifications) usually aren't serious malware detections - PUPs are often browser toolbars or cookies that MBAM thinks are behaving "suspiciously" and they're often flagged just to bring them to the attention of the user.

You can use Nirsoft's free BlueScreenView to interpret the Bug Check (BC) codes in your BSOD errors.  If you have another BSOD then try the following:

1.  Download BlueScreenView here
2.  Unzip the downloaded file (no installation required) and double-click BlueScreenView.exe to run
3.  When scan is completed, go to Edit | Select All
4.  Go to File | Save Selected Items and save the report as a text file named BSOD.txt
5.  Attach BSOD.txt to your post (see here for instructions)

Edit:

Sorry GDITech, I didn't realize you'd already posted a link to BlueScreenView while I was typing my reply.

---------

Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2 * NIS 2011 v. 18.6.0.29 * IE 9.0 * Firefox 9.0.1
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3.0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Regular Visitor
Lapurple

I did have one more instance of the 3035,6 error, but everything is ok with that now.

I did download the bluescreeviewer, but it didn't do anything, then I realized that I had to configure the dump settings. So I was able to view this last BSOD and have attached it.

When I booted back up I got a "Symantic Shared Component encountered problem" and reported it.  Then I also got the "your system has just recovered from and error" and reported that.  It was a Bccode: 10000050.

Woe is me...

Regular Visitor
Lapurple

I forgot to mention that the Symantic problem was with cltlmh.exe ver: 12.1.08

lmacri

[ Edited ]

Lapurple wrote:

I forgot to mention that the Symantic problem was with cltlmh.exe ver: 12.1.08

Hi Lapurple:

Have you tried a clean re-install of NIS?  I posted a link in message # 2  to the step-by-step instructions here and those instructions contain links to both the NIS 2011 and NIS 2012 offline installation files just in case you preferred NIS 2011 and would like to roll back to the previous version.

If you're seeing a page fault with the navex15.sys driver (per your BSOD.txt) and the Symantec shared component cltmh.exe is also causing problems (see here for more info on cltmh.exe), a clean re-install using the Norton Removal Tool should hopefully solve the problem.  This should clean up any residual files and registry entries from previous NIS, NAV or N360 installations that might be causing problems with your current NIS 2012 installation.

Have you ever had security software from another manufacturer (e.g., McAfee, AVG, Spybot Search & Destroy, etc.) running in real-time protection mode on your computer?  If so, please post back and let us know the exact version before performing the clean re-install of NIS so that we can provide special instructions on how to remove any remnants of non-Norton security software that could also be interfering with your current NIS installation.

----------

Regular Visitor
Lapurple

I haven't tried a clean re-install yet.  Norton is the only security software I've ever had. However I did have Adaware at one time, but I don't think that is in the same catagory.  I appreciate all your help.

Thanks!

yank
Kudos: 2,154
Solutions: 501

Lapurple wrote:

I haven't tried a clean re-install yet.  Norton is the only security software I've ever had. However I did have Adaware at one time, but I don't think that is in the same catagory.  I appreciate all your help.

Thanks!

I have encountered a situation where a prior Ad-Aware install had not been totally removed and caused problems.  I suggest you do a search for any left over Ad-Aware folders/fiels and delete them just to be on the safe side.