01-22-2011 01:18 PM
I have Norton Internet Security 2010 and two days ago this error message started to appear when I try to run a scan.
"An error has occurred with Norton Internet Security
Clicking the One-Click Support option says that an error has been fixed and that I should restart. I have tried this but it makes no difference.
I have been using Norton without problem since I renewed in November 2010. I have tried downloading the 20110122-003-v5i32.exe file as suggested on the website but this has not helped. Any help would be appreciated. (I have have Windows Vista and a 32 bit OS)
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-22-2011 10:41 PM
1. Uninstall Norton 2010 . Visit Start -> All Programs -> Norton Internet Security -> Uninstall
2. Follow the instructions to save your settings and continue uninstalling
3. Reboot your computer at the end
4. Download the latest version 2011 - you can get it for free if your subscription is still active. VIsit www.norton.com/nis11
and download the file
5. Start the installation , install the product , run Live update and then reboot
Hope the problem is now fixed . Report back the result. :)