Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Janetwilda

Error 3048,3

This error message just flashed on my computer.  Heaven knows what is wrong.  When I followed the directions, they were too complicated for me to use.  I have no aspirations to being a computer tech.   i guess Symanatec is just too big a mouthful and I should now take it off and get a free anti-virus.  When they don't work, we can just get another free one.  Symanted expects us to be techs and of course most of us are not.

dickevans

Re: Error 3048,3

Janetwilda wrote:

This error message just flashed on my computer.  Heaven knows what is wrong.  When I followed the directions, they were too complicated for me to use.  I have no aspirations to being a computer tech.   i guess Symanatec is just too big a mouthful and I should now take it off and get a free anti-virus.  When they don't work, we can just get another free one.  Symanted expects us to be techs and of course most of us are not.

Welcome,
No need to be a tech. There are a few very good ones here who volunteer to help all of us non-tech types with our problems.

My suggestion would be for you to download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20110217171332EN

before you do be sure to save your identity safe data.

after you run it be sure to run live update until the program tells you that all updates have been downloaded and installed.

Keep us posted.

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Janetwilda

I also wouldn't know how to work with Identity Safe.  Of course I can uninstall and reinstall programs, but it seems more of a headache than just quickly downloading AVG.   I never did get Error Messages with free security programs.  That's more suitable for ordinary seniors.  Maybe Symantec needs 2 levels - one for techy types and one for AVG types.

peterweb
Kudos: 1,367
Solutions: 342

Janetwilda wrote:

I also wouldn't know how to work with Identity Safe.  Of course I can uninstall and reinstall programs, but it seems more of a headache than just quickly downloading AVG.   I never did get Error Messages with free security programs.  That's more suitable for ordinary seniors.  Maybe Symantec needs 2 levels - one for techy types and one for AVG types.

Have you fully removed AVG or any other free security program using that program's removal utility? Remnants from an old install can create conflicts with Norton.

Before you start reinstalling, if this is the only time you have seen this error, I would not worry. If you keep getting this error after rebooting your computer, you can look at the reinstall route.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.