12-15-2011 12:27 AM
I keep getting Error: 8506, 422. Norton Support tells me to write down my key, then run Norton Removal tool, but it won't run, and every time I do my supplier's line offers to trouble shoot my connection. Any ideas?
12-15-2011 01:11 AM
as the support guys told you, the solution for this would be to remove the program with the Norton Removal Tool, and then reinstall it. If it can not be done in Windows' normal mode, you can try to boot into Safe Mode as well (before the windows logo press F8 until you see a list, there select safe mode)
Here are the steps:
1. If you use the feature, please backup your Identity Safe data
2. Download latest Norton Internet Security installer from here (this is the English one, for other languages please go to the Norton Update Center and select manual product selectoion + change the language on the site's top: www.norton.com/nuc )
3. Download Norton Removal Tool: www.norton.com/nrt
4. Disconnect from internet
5. Reboot into Safe Mode
6. Remove Norton Internet Security from Start Menu or from Control Panel -> Add or Remove programs
7. Reboot (again into Safe Mode)
8. Run the Norton Removal Tool, reboot (repeat it 2-3 times)
9. Reboot now into normal mode
10. Install Norton Internet Security 2012 with the previously downloaded installer
11. Reconnect to the internet
12. Activate it with your old serial
13. Run Live Update until you get no new updates
14. Restore your Identity Safe data
You can check how the Norton Removal Tool works in this video.
Let us know the results.
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64 Hungarian, Norton 360 v126.96.36.199, Norton Utilities 16