Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
brummie
Topics: 52
Kudos: 30
Solutions: 3

Finally Udated to the new NIW 2013!

It's been a long time since NIS 2013 has been released but I finally decided to bite the bullet and upgrade from my trusty 2012 version. Just wanted to say that the over the top upgrade went without any problems. Normally I would have to download an English version as my license key is usually a Greek one (Living in Cyprus, English usually not available). but having bought an English license last year made this upgrade much smoother.

Must say on first appearances, the UI is more slicker than before, all my settings appear to have been saved OK so well pleased so far. Did the usual Live Update checks and now appears good to go. Well done Symantec.

Of course, I will keep an eye on things over the coming days and will post anything of interest so that if there are still people out there like myself who waited a long time to upgrade, may help them in deciding to go the same route.

Happy sufing all. 

GORPY1
Topics: 181
Kudos: 54
Solutions: 32

Re: Finally Udated to the new NIW 2013!

brummie wrote:

It's been a long time since NIS 2013 has been released but I finally decided to bite the bullet and upgrade from my trusty 2012 version. Just wanted to say that the over the top upgrade went without any problems. Normally I would have to download an English version as my license key is usually a Greek one (Living in Cyprus, English usually not available). but having bought an English license last year made this upgrade much smoother.

Must say on first appearances, the UI is more slicker than before, all my settings appear to have been saved OK so well pleased so far. Did the usual Live Update checks and now appears good to go. Well done Symantec.

Of course, I will keep an eye on things over the coming days and will post anything of interest so that if there are still people out there like myself who waited a long time to upgrade, may help them in deciding to go the same route.

Happy sufing all. 

What OS do you have, Please.....Thanks, Gorpy1

Thank God for people that can help!!!
brummie

Re: Finally Udated to the new NIS 2013!

Hello Gorpy1,

I use W7 Home Prem SP1, 32 bit.

Regards.

peterweb
Kudos: 1,373
Solutions: 343

brummie wrote:

Happy sufing all. 

Glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

It is worth noting that although many did experience problems, there is a much larger number of users that did not see any issues. I am included in the 'no problems' group.

We do not usually hear people come here just to tell us everything is OK.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
brummie

Hi Peterweb,

No problem. I posted really for the people on here like myself, maybe sitting on the fence all this time and staying with NIS 2012. It is always best to be with the most updated version of any anti virus/security suite. Usually I would update to the newest version about a week or so after it's release but after this one got released and all the problems people were having, decided to stay with the former. Very pleased I upgraded now and as I write this I am upgrading my sons pc next door.

For the hundreds of people who post here with their issues there are millions of people who have no problems at all, I hope to remain in the last catagory.

GORPY1

Re: Finally Udated to the new NIS 2013!

brummie wrote:

Hello Gorpy1,

I use W7 Home Prem SP1, 32 bit.

Regards.

Thanks brummie........Gorpy1:smileywink:

Edjr60

Re: Finally Updated to the new NIS 2013!

brummie wrote:

Hi Peterweb,

No problem. I posted really for the people on here like myself, maybe sitting on the fence all this time and staying with NIS 2012. It is always best to be with the most updated version of any anti virus/security suite. Usually I would update to the newest version about a week or so after it's release but after this one got released and all the problems people were having, decided to stay with the former. Very pleased I upgraded now and as I write this I am upgrading my sons pc next door.

For the hundreds of people who post here with their issues there are millions of people who have no problems at all, I hope to remain in the last catagory.

Hi Brummie,

Great to hear! I also sat on the fence for almost 7 months and upgraded this past March. I also wanted to be sure the bugs were worked out and they were. I'm currently running the latest NIS 20.4 and it's running very well.

Very satisfied with the current version .. No more Malwarebytes issues :smileyhappy:

Cheers,

Ed

GORPY1

I wonder if Version 20 requires more memory or how it is handling older computer with XP........Gorpy1

brummie

Hi Edjr60,

My version on both computers is 20.3.1.22. On my son's pc, the second one I did, I was prompted to uninstall Malwarebytes as it isn't compatible with this version, will re install it when we get the new patch 20.4!

Glad to hear it is running well for you, and may it continue so.

Edjr60

GORPY1 wrote:

I wonder if Version 20 requires more memory or how it is handling older computer with XP........Gorpy1

Hi GORPY1,

I use an older computer running Win XP SP3. I just recently installed 20.4 full product on the system. So far everything seems to be Ok memory wise. 20.4 seems to be light and doesn't bog anything down or interrupt while doing other work.

Ed