Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
davidj2009

Firefox and Safe Web not working

I have the Firefox 3.0.8 and NIS 2009. The Safe Web toolbar is gone in Firefox. When I perform searches the hits aren't rated as they are in IE either. Is NIS not compatible with this version of Firefox? It it is, how do I fix this and get the Safe Web toolbar and functionality back into Firefox? Thanks much!
Stu Rootkit Eradicator
Rootkit Eradicator
Stu

Re: Firefox and Safe Web not working

Do you see it under add ons?
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"
Contributor
tufe

Hi davidj2009,

I have NIS2009 v16.5.0.135 and Firefox 3.0.8,

Actually when I have update firefox to 3.0.8 and NIS2009 to v16.5.0.135. It has been re-installed the Norton toolbar at Firefox,

maybe you have notice this, because it has disapear or re-appear  the  "ASK search" '  search box.

Well, Any way you have to:

1.- check if under "add-ons" you have installed the Norton toolbar v3.5 and Norton IPS v1.0

2.- "Norton Safe Web"  is an add-on to NIS 2009 ( it doesn't came together ).

3.- Maybe you will have to re-download and re-install "norton safe web" from "norton safe web" webpage.  (It can only be installed with NIS2009 in english (for example can't be installed in NIS2009 spanish version).

4.- After have installed "norton safe web", reboot your computer.

5.- Open Firefox and you actually must been seeing now the "norton toolbar"  (if not you have to goes to "View" menu, go to toolbars and check "norton toolbar" to make it visible), then  PRESS "norton" button and see that it is "checked" the "enable Norton Safe web".

6.- Check makeing any search in google, you must see the "score" at the end of every google link search.

By the way,

Do Not forget to ask or suggest to (in the NIS2010 Suggetion box) make "Norton Toolbar" not a complete and exclusive "Row", I mean it is better if the norton toolbar at firefox can share the same ROW with other toolbar or add-ons. Like in  IE's Norton toolbar, where it can share the same row with others toolbars.

Best Regards

TUFE

Visitor
davidj2009

No...it doesn't appear in the Add ons. I have been trying to locate how to download the add on for this toolbar, as you mentioned, and I can't locate it. Can someone help me to discover how and where to download the Safe Web toolbar? Thanks much!
delphinium
Kudos: 2,964
Solutions: 293

Do you have any other software of the same  type, like Linkscanner, running?
Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.
Mark Twain
Regular Contributor
Compumind

[ Edited ]

Hi -

Firefox is currently not my specialty.

Someone will post with more Firefox information. Hang tight.

However, if you are in a pinch, try this site:

http://safeweb.norton.com/

Thanks.

:smileyindifferent:

Message Edited by Compumind on 04-06-2009 11:08 AM

Compumind

NIS 2009, XP-SP3, Vista-SP2, IE 8

Symantec Employee
Jens_Sorensen

Hi

I have a few questions for you

1.       Which version of Firefox are you using?
2.       Which search engine is giving you the problem?  Is it all of them? Do Yahoo, live etc work?
3.       Could provide me with the full search url? (e.g, perform a search using the problematic search engine, - then copy & paste the search results URL into this thread)
4. Do you have any other Firefox Add-ons installed?

Thanks
Jens Sorensen,
Symantec  Corp.
Visitor
kenshingenex

[ Edited ]
Hi,

I'm facing this problem too on my Firefox 3.0.8 I have IE 7 and it works fine. It stopped working after I uninstalled Megaupload toolbar and installed some megaupload plugins on mozilla's website. My Enable Norton Safe web is checked on my Norton toolbar
Message Edited by kenshingenex on 04-21-2009 08:29 PM
Symantec Employee
Jens_Sorensen

Which search engine is giving you the problem?  Is it all of them? Are you getting search annotation when using Yahoo, live?

Could you provide me with the search URL? Just go to www.google.com, perform a search for Symantec and send me the search results URL.

Also, is the Norton Toolbar Visible?

Thanks
Jens Sorensen,
Symantec Corp.

Visitor
kenshingenex

Ok I solved the prob for Firefox 3.0.8

If you have Firefox's Megaupload Integeration plugin, disable it.

If you don't, just uninstall Firefox completely (check the  "Remove my Firefox personal data and customizations" ) and reinstall Firefox and Norton Safe Web will work again.