Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
clueless1956

Forgot password

I have a problem,I forgot my Norton Security password so now I can't change its settings.Does that mean I will have to unistall Norton from my PC and install it again?.Also I got my current version of Norton from its site because my other version stopped working so I do not have a disc to reinstall it. I'm thinking on buying another one because this one  is about to expire anyway.All of this started because I tried to run live updated and it failed,this never happened before,it told me to do something with my proxy setting but I can't do it because I forgot my password for the settings.But I also thought since I never had I problem with that before them why mess up with that.That's why I'm thinking on starting form scratch with a new one.Any way back to my question Can I just unistall my current Norton and get I new one so I can delete whatever password I had on it?           Thank You

Stu Rootkit Eradicator
Rootkit Eradicator
Stu

Re: Forgot password

The best thing you can do is uninstall this version. Download NIS2009 from www.norton.com/nis09 and you will be fine
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"
Rootkit Eradicator

If you go to Control Panel > Add/Remove > Norton Intetnet Security > Add/Remove, does it give you an Option to change the Password or just to un-install?

Also, what Norton Internet Security Version are you using?

Thursday, November 21, 2013: The THREATCON was changed to Level 1: Normal | Tue., Nov. 05, 2013: Zero-Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Security Advisory 2896666 | Saturday, November 09, 2013: Cyber-Criminals Serve Up A Veritable Smorgasbord Of Threats For South Koreans | Wednesday, October 09, 2013: New Internet Explorer Zero-Day Targeted In Attacks Against Korea And Japan [C.V.E.-2013-3897]
Visitor
clueless1956

Thank You very much I went to control panel and it gave me the option to change the password so  now I don't have to remove it at all untill next year when it expires.
Rootkit Eradicator

Please could you remember to click the Solved button on the Post which Solved you Issue.  Thank you!

Thursday, November 21, 2013: The THREATCON was changed to Level 1: Normal | Tue., Nov. 05, 2013: Zero-Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Security Advisory 2896666 | Saturday, November 09, 2013: Cyber-Criminals Serve Up A Veritable Smorgasbord Of Threats For South Koreans | Wednesday, October 09, 2013: New Internet Explorer Zero-Day Targeted In Attacks Against Korea And Japan [C.V.E.-2013-3897]