04-03-2010 12:29 PM
I received an email with an attachment that I believe is the UPS Delivery Problem tojan (see: http://blog.mxlab.eu/2009/01/11/new-ups-trojan-var
I scanned it with Norton Internet Security but Norton did not detect it as a virus and gave it the green light!
How can I send this suspected virus to Norton's security team so they can add it to their virus definitions? I've looked all over the Norton site and can't find anywhere where we can send suspected viruses to them.
P.S. - no I did not open the attachment so my computer is fine, but I just want to make them aware of this virus!
04-03-2010 12:39 PM - edited 04-03-2010 12:43 PM
Welcome to the forum. Thank you for wanting to submit this file. You did really good not to open any attachment you don't have full faith in and are expecting. You can submit this file as follows:
If you believe the file is a false positive please submit it to Symantec here.
If you believe the file might be infected then please submit it here for further analysis.
You can also do an analysis online here.
Have you run a full system scan with NIS to make sure you are OK? It would probably be a good idea to also run a scan with the free version of Malware Bytes as double insurance policy. Please click on the spoiler tag to open the procedure.
Please download, install, update and run the free version of MalwareBytes following the procedure outlined below. Any other recommendations will follow after you have a chance to provide any other details requested.
Please go to www.malwarebytes.org
1. Download Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware (mbam-setup.exe) free version and save it on your Desktop.
2. After downloading, double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install as “default” only
4. Before the installation completes, check on the following prompts:
- Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
5. Click “Finish.” The program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
6. Scan your computer thoroughly choosing a "full scan".
7. When scanning is finished click on “Show Results”
8. Make sure that all detected threats are marked with a check mark, click on "Remove Selected".
9. Restart your computer.
Please post the logs back to this thread using "add attchments" at the bottom.
Note: Sometimes the main site is blocked from attempts to download MalwareBytes. If this occurs please try to download from:
Please do not download the Spyware Doctor which you will see on this page!
Thanks again for taking the time to submit this file.
04-03-2010 12:50 PM
Could you visit http://rapidshare.com/ , upload the suspected file and/or archive and then send me the information (via Private Message) . The site will give you a download link , which you can send me .
I'll start the file to see if SONAR2 (which is integrated in Norton 2010) will pick the file - most likely YES.
Thank you very much in advance!