Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
peterweb
Kudos: 1,177
Solutions: 305

Re: Gadget says "No Connection"

I too had the issue with No Connection in the gadget. Using the Support-Get Support autofix worked for me. It checked my installation and reported it had fixed a problem.

It has worked fine since.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
nikki605
Topics: 14
Kudos: 24
Solutions: 3

IMO, the scanning of the Norton installation on the user's PC should be more prominently displayed.  Residing under Support-->Get Support is not very intuitive, at least not to me.  It is a great tool, but needs to be more obvious.  Just my thought.  Maybe in the next release.

--------------------------------------------------
Gary
Visitor
kjdcj

All,

The latest engine update fixed the problem.  My gadget is now working fine.

Respectfully,  Duane

peterweb

nikki605 wrote:

IMO, the scanning of the Norton installation on the user's PC should be more prominently displayed.  Residing under Support-->Get Support is not very intuitive, at least not to me.  It is a great tool, but needs to be more obvious.  Just my thought.  Maybe in the next release.

Another suggestion would be to have the Autofix actually tell you what it fixed. Enquiring minds want to know...

nikki605
Topics: 14
Kudos: 24
Solutions: 3

peterweb wrote:

nikki605 wrote:

Another suggestion would be to have the Autofix actually tell you what it fixed. Enquiring minds want to know...

+1 Good point! :smileyhappy:

--------------------------------------------------
Gary
diablo

Hi,

Have the same problem re: the gadget showing no connection. Read this thread with interest and followed the suggested fixes; uninstall/reinstall Norton (tried it 3 times), use autofix, but to no avail.

Could someone suggest another way that this could be fixed? The Norton main screen opens ok with everything apparently working. Just really annoying that the gadget is not working and it appears to disrupt the internet service unless you knock it off. Would quite like Symantec to have resolved this issue if others are having the same problem

Thanks for any help that you can provide- must say that am not completely au fait with computers so please keep it simple.

:smileyhappy:

Regular Visitor
sde

I'm the OP. FWIW, the gadget now seems to be working. I don't recall doing anything in particular to fix it, but the last several times I've rebooted, it's been okay.

David

peterweb

Thanks for updating us. It is always good to know of a solution to a problem.

It could be all updates done since your original problem, and any restarts done.