Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
cph
cph

Hard drive wiped. How do I reinstall the norton 2011 anti-virus I purchased in March?

I can't find any information on this.  Just one PC.

Spam Squasher
CyberLife

Re: Hard drive wiped. How do I reinstall the norton 2011 anti-virus I purchased in March?

You need to log on to your Norton Account and find the Product Key first. Then download and install your Norton 2011 product. You can find the steps here:

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080514162318EN

CyberLife :)
huwyngr
Topics: 1,038
Kudos: 2,862
Solutions: 380

Re: Hard drive wiped. How do I reinstall the norton 2011 anti-virus I purchased in March?

[ Edited ]

If the wiping was a Restore to Factory State using a recovery disk or the hidden partition please check first to see if any security software came pre-installed since that must be removed before installing anything different -- from another software house or from Norton unless it is the same version as you download.

By that I mean Norton Interent Security / Norton ANtiVirus /  Norton 360 -- the year does not normally matter

Very often you can do a satisfactory OnTop install of one Norton product on another Norton product but since you are starting up a clean install I think it's best to be clean there too -- the best is to uninstall in the usual way and then clean up with the Norton Removal Tool. I think that is covered in the link that CyberLife gives but here it is again.

This link: Symantec Norton Removal Tool. will direct you to the current Symantec Norton Removal Tool.

If anything at all is not clear please ask before you get started.

Hugh