Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
dinkiej

High CPU Usage message

Apparently my Norton Internet Security is set with a default option to have this icon for "High CPU Usage"  pop up (randomly) but I have no idea what to do with the information. What does it mean to me if it shows, for example a 56% usage? This has just started in the last day or so.

Norton Fighter
mdturner

Re: High CPU Usage message

HI dinkiej

Welcome to the Norton Community Forums

The messages are informational and just letting you know that a particular program is having high CPU, disk or memory usage. You can go into Miscellaneus Settings in Norton and turn off these messages altogether or for a particular program or alter the threshold levels if you wish to.

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone

huwyngr
Topics: 1,033
Kudos: 2,815
Solutions: 375

Personally I would not worry about it unless you find that you are running into a sustained slowdown that you can't account for.

Consider turning off the notifications in Settings / Miscellaneious Settings if they bother you.

Hugh
dinkiej

Thanks for your input. Actually, I have started noticing my computer being extremely slow in opening up the Internet or navitagint within the Internet. Having said that, is there some action I need to take in uninstalling some programs or deleting favorites, as examples? I haven't added anything recently to account for any added burden. I guess my question is whether it's something on my computer affecting it or is it relating directly to the Internet and why all of a sudden I'm experiencing this extreme slow down.

Tech83
Topics: 55
Kudos: 167
Solutions: 27

Hi! Dinkiej

Have tried running basic system maintenance?

Tech83 :)