01-05-2011 09:35 AM
So you don't have to go to all different posts to get the information, I will try and summarize it.
1. Get your product key at www.mynortonaccount.com
2. Download and save to Desktop, the Norton Removal Tool which will remove all Symantec products.
You can download and save the Norton Removal tool from and do not run it yet.
Please pick the proper Norton product that you want to remove. Also please be aware that it will remove all Norton products, so back up Identity Safe using the program to back that up. Also please have your product key handy.
Thank you Allen for new link
3. Download and save NAV 2011 from here and do not run yet.
4. It is recommended to remove the OEM version since that was for 1 computer and now you will be using a license for 3 computers. Now you are ready to proceed. I would recommend that you stay offline until you get NAV 2011 installed and it wants to get back online.
5. Please uninstall NAV using the control panel method and reboot.
6. Please run the Norton Removal Tool that you downloaded before and run that 2 times with a reboot between each run of it. Please remember that it will remove all Norton products.
7. Please run the install for NAV 2011 and get back on the net when it wants to. Please enter in the key . Please run live update continuously until it says it has all updates and reboot when it says to reboot. After you have all the updates, check once more and then reboot one more time.
You should now be fully protected as far as NAV 2011 goes. Please remember that NAV 2011 does not have a firewall, so you should get one that will work with NAV 2011 ok.
Please come back and let us know how you made out. Thanks.
Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.