Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
junkfresh

How do I enter my Product Key for NIS 2011?

I have been using NIS 2010 upgraded to 2011 for a year.  I liked it so much  I just bought a new 1 year program with product key on the auction site.  How do I enter my new product key without reinstalling the NIS 2011 program again?  Do I need to re-install from CD since I upgraded to 2011 about 5 months ago?  Newer code? Thanks

dickevans

Re: How do I enter my Product Key for NIS 2011?

junkfresh

When your existing subscription is very near its end you can renew using the new key. If you are running live update regularly you should be up to date and not need to do anything. The updates coming in the downloads from live update should have your existing code improved beyond that on the CD.

My only caution would be that there have been reports of users getting burnt by some of the sellers on auction sites. The sellers have been reselling used or expired keys. If you are sure yours is valid, no problem. If you have questions about it, just go to the customer service chat and they can confirm the key.

Hope this helps

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Spam Squasher
CyberLife

You do not need to uninstall/reinstall the Norton product. You can activate the current product with your new Product Key. Here is how you can do that:

• Make sure that your computer is connected to the Internet.

• Start Norton 360.

• On the bottom-right corner of the Norton product window, click Activate Now or Renew.

• Type in your Product Key.

• Click Next.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• When finished, review your subscription details, and then click Done.

CyberLife :)
floplot
Topics: 218
Kudos: 2,055
Solutions: 367

Hello junkfresh

I would contact customer support now and have them check out that key since it was bought from an auction site. I would check it out before your subscription ends so you don't find out months from now that the key is no good. Sometimes it is accepted at first, but later on you will get notice that it is no good. Best to find out now, so if necessary, you can send it back to the person from the auction site and report to the auction site that you bought the product there.

As a word of caution, you should never buy and software products from an auction site as more often than not, it turns out to be a bad experience. That goes for games also where a key is needed. There are usually good sales in stores and reliable sites where you can find good prices also for the product.

http://us.norton.com/support/contact/contact.jsp?pvid=cs

This is the link for US/Can. If you need a different location, please consult your local Symantec site for the local free chat customer support link.

Please get the key checked out now to find out if it is good. If it is good, then wait till just before your product expires to  enter in the new key. Please come back and let us know how you made out. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

huwyngr
Topics: 1,038
Kudos: 2,865
Solutions: 380

I hope you got it at a good price if it turns out to be OK because if you are in the USA one of the High Street Computer etc stores has a bundle of NIS 2011 with Norton Utilities 15 which ends up at $9.99 after all the discounts and rebates including a $30 rebate for upgraders, which you  are .......

Hugh