10-07-2011 07:07 AM
Moved to own thread for better exposure.
10-07-2011 08:02 AM
1. When I firust migrated Identity Safe to the cloud I had no problems with it. It was very straightforward and all I did was enter the password I created during the migration that included uppercase, number, special character and I was signed in and my passwords autofilled on the appropriate web pages.
2. At some point a couple days ago, after restarting my computer, when I went to sign into Identity Safe a box came up that says You do not have a profile. Use Identity Safe Setup to create one. Below that in the box it says Sync Identity Safe With Other Computers and there's an active link "Login To Norton Account." When I click on that a new box opens to Login to Norton Account requesting my email address and password.
3. I enter the same email address and password I use to log into my Norton Account from either the Account heading in Norton Internet Security or on the Norton website (both of which log me in perfectly) and then get the message: "Error: Failed to login to you Norton Account. Please check the supplied credentials."
I have not been able to access my Identity Safe data after 2. began occuring so there's no way for me to switch back to local storage of my Identity Safe data.
In answer to "Now coming to your issue, when you first started this thread, you told that you see a message "No vault available" in your NA which means you were able to login to your NA at that time and only after that you are facing the issue logging to your NA. Is that right?" I never said I got a message "No vault available." The message is "You do not have a profile. Use Identity Safe Setup to create one." And then below that is "Sync Identity Safe With Other Computers and there's an active link "Login To Norton Account." I assume that means I'm not signed into Norton Account and then it won't accept my credentials.
10-07-2011 08:29 AM - edited 10-07-2011 08:30 AM
Thanks for your reply, it was indeed a very detailed explanation which was crystal clear.
If am not clear in my earlier post, you can create a new local profile by just unchecking "Sync my identity safa.... " in the Identity safe setup window and go ahead and create a new profile.
Once you create a new profile, as you have a backup file with your logins, just click on Import data from the settings UI and import the backup file which you have. You can start using the local profile from then on.
Let us know if that works.
10-07-2011 09:15 AM
Unfortunately my .npm backup is several months old so I would much prefer to get my Identity Safe online working. There has to be some difference between signing into my Norton Account via the Account "tab" within NIS and signing into my Norton Account via the Web Protection - Logins that's causing this issue. If it happened to me there's a very high likelihood it'll happen to others. If that's the case it's better to solve my issue now rather than waiting until you have a whole bunch of angry customers.
10-07-2011 09:25 AM
One more data point to try and isolate this issue:
Via the Web Protection: Logins screen which brings up the box telling me I don't have a profile and tells me to Login to Norton Account. When I click the Login to Norton Account link and then in the Login to Norton Account box I click on Forgot Password, I supply my email address and receive the link to create a new password. The new password is accepted but then when I go back to Login to Norton Account and try to sign in with the new, just created password I get the Login Failed message.
Somehow your change password isn't updating the credential authentication to sign in via the Login to Norton Account. That's what you need to look at.
10-07-2011 09:39 AM
We will look into this issue and will update you the status as and when we get the updates.
If reqd to use your logins, you can proceed on creating your new local vault and start using its features. It won't do any harm for your profile which is available in cloud with your NA. But make sure you don't use the Move data online option again with your new local vault. By doing so you could overwrite your existing online profile.
10-07-2011 11:14 AM
Because I can't sign into Identity Safe in the cloud I couldn't Move Data Online even if I wanted to (which I don't!). So I imported my backup NPM data and am up and running locally. There are still a number of logins which weren't in the backup because of it's age but at least 90+% are there and auto filling so the immediacy of my problem is lower. But I will look forward to recovering my data when a solution is found.
10-07-2011 11:38 AM
10-07-2011 11:48 AM
I appreciate all the help I can get but be careful. If, when you go to log into your Norton Account via the hot link in the Identity Safe Cloud login, you click on forgot password and then go through the process and specify a different password, you run the risk of replicating my problem and ceasing to be able to access Identity Safe Cloud. Obviously it would be nice if someone replicates my problem to show it's not an anomaly but be sure to back up your Cloud data file first.
Looking forward to hearing about your experience.
10-07-2011 09:37 PM - edited 10-07-2011 09:42 PM
I've just tested this and I don't see any problems with it. Here are the steps I took:
1. Through ID safe I logged out of my Norton Account as I was previously already logged in.
2. From Web Settings I clicked on Login to Identity Safe. It told me I had NO profile which was expected.
3. I clicked on Login to Norton Account. I typed in my email address and then clicked on Forgot Password. (see image below) Of course the email address you see in the image is a fake one. This took me to the Norton Account website with my email address filled in (again a fake one is shown) where I had to click Continue. (see second image)
4. I received an email with a link to click to allow me to reset my password. I clicked on this link directly from email and it took me to the Norton Account website via my browser. On that page there were two boxes to enter my NEW password and enter it a second time. I entered my new password.
5. I verified first that I could log in to my Norton Account via my browser. It worked with the NEW password I just set. Then I logged back out of my Norton Account.
6. From ID safe I put in the NEW password I just set - it worked properly. I was then able to log back into my online ID safe vault with no problems.
Does this match what you did?