Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
Martin100

How do I use my 3 user licences?

when i first purchared my PC- the norton antivirus was preloded and no cd's provided for the antivirus. I have recently renewed the annual subscription and have a 3 user licence subscription.

I need to install the antivirus on another Pc. How do i do this?

alose is thre not a helpline telephone number for the Uk?

Regular Contributor
swarnava

Re: How do I use my 3 user licences?

install it with same activation code which you have..

Symantec (UK) Limited,
350 Brook Drive
Green Park
Reading
United Kingdom
RG2 6UH
Registered in England and Wales No. 02575013,
Registered Office: 350 Brook Drive, Green Park, Reading, Berkshire, RG2 6UH;

Tel.: +44 (0)870 243 1080
Fax: +44 (0) 870 243 1081

Martin100 wrote:

when i first purchared my PC- the norton antivirus was preloded and no cd's provided for the antivirus. I have recently renewed the annual subscription and have a 3 user licence subscription.

I need to install the antivirus on another Pc. How do i do this?

alose is thre not a helpline telephone number for the Uk?

Symantec Employee
ganesh0630

[ Edited ]

Hi Martin,

Welcome to Norton Community.

You can download Norton Antivirus 2011 from this link http://www.symantec.com/redirects/norton/norton_com/nav11/ . You can use same product key that you are using after renewal in your existing product. 

Let us know if you need more help.

Thanks.

Regular Contributor
Tywin7

ganesh0630 wrote:

Hi Martin,

Welcome to Norton Community.

You can download Norton Antivirus 2011 from this link http://www.symantec.com/redirects/norton/norton_com/nav11/ . You can use same product key that you are using after renewal in your existing product. 

Let us know if you need more help.

Thanks.

Hi ganesha, did you know that Norton AntiVirus 2011 have a shorter more memorable link than that? Its http://www.norton.com/nav11.  Simples!

Norton Internet Security 2011 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (Check if you are eligable for a FREE Norton upgrade)
Success is 10 percent inspiration and 90 percent perspiration.”--Thomas Alva Edison
I'm not a Symantec employee and my posts do not represent the views of Symantec.
floplot
Topics: 210
Kudos: 2,014
Solutions: 361

Hello Martin100

Here is the free customer chat link for the UK. If you have any problems, please have the name of the product ready and your key and they can help you if necessary. The free chat program is usually quicker and cheaper than trying to call them on the phone or writing them. Thanks.

http://uk.norton.com/support/contact/contact.jsp?pvid=cs

Here is a link for the UK which may give you some instructions for installing the product to another computer also.

http://uk.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20090501124807EN&selected_nav...=

Please come back and let us know if you have any other questions and also please tell us how you made out. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

Visitor
Martin100

Thank you all for your replies.

Sorry to sound stupid, but how do i find out which Norton antivirus package/ product  i have?

It was preloded when i first bought the Pc and i renewed it?

If follow the link which produt will it download?

Regular Contributor
Tywin7

If you follow the link you can over install the latest version.  Does your product have a "map" at the bottom or a CPU meter at the side? If so you have NAV11 if not you have either NAV10 or 09.  If your product have a "flip" screen you have NAV10.  TO find out your version info open up the product-->support-->about

Norton Internet Security 2011 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (Check if you are eligable for a FREE Norton upgrade)
Success is 10 percent inspiration and 90 percent perspiration.”--Thomas Alva Edison
I'm not a Symantec employee and my posts do not represent the views of Symantec.
huwyngr
Topics: 1,000
Kudos: 2,717
Solutions: 368

Martin,

There are thre Norton products for consumers that protect you from viruses:

Norton AntiVirus

Norton Internet Security

Norton 360

So the first question is which of those do you have?

The second question is which generation/version do you have and the way to find that is to open up the main screen and click on Help or Help & Support or Support up in the top right corner and then hold the mouse pointer or click on About

You will find a lot of code numbers and one of them is Version ID and is in the format of nn.nn.nn.nnn 

That's the second piece of information we need.

Then we can give you detailed instructions for your version.

My guess is that you have Norton Internet Security since that is common installed on new computers but if by any chance you have Norton 360 installed we need to know if it is the Standard version which has 2 GB of free online storage or the Premier which has 25 GB of free online storageversion.

Sorry it's so complicated but we need to get it right or you'll have problems!

Hugh
floplot
Topics: 210
Kudos: 2,014
Solutions: 361

Hello Martin

We have to find out which program you have installed now so we can find out if you bought the correct renewal of the program also. Once we know which program you have installed, then we can tell you how to proceed. Does your Norton product now have a fire wall in it other than the Windows firewall? If it does, then we will know. You can also look in Program Listings. That should tell you the name of the Norton product installed also. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

huwyngr
Topics: 1,000
Kudos: 2,717
Solutions: 368

Flo,

Don't all the programs give their names either on the main screen or on Help ?

I've only got NIS 2011 at present which does, so I can't check 2010 any more nor N360.

Hugh