Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Super Spam Squasher
mo

How do you put another product key into existing Norton account???

Hi Guys

I have an existing Norton account which I got through using Norton 360,Any way I could not use Norton 360 and got it refunded.I went to a shop they installed NIS2008 for me,I have since up graded to NIS2009 with no problems,I have the product key at home but how can I add it to my existing Norton account as the only key in there is the refunded 360 which has been deactivated(checked with Tony in forum feedback)Any ideas or can I close the account as there is no use for it??

Cheers Mo
XP home,SP3
NIS2012
Visitor
Smokejumper

Re: How do you put another product key into existing Norton account???

Hello mo,

I think I understand what you asking. Just type in your Key into the NIS 2009 product. After, you it will be ask to sign in to your Norton Account. The product key for the NIS 2009 will then be stored on your account. I believe all product you have ever used will be stored in your Norton Account whether or not they have be deactivated or expired (my account still shows 360 and my other old products but as "expired").

Hope that helps!

Super Spam Squasher
mo

Hi smokejumper

Where do you type the key in?My NIS2009 is already up and running I have 153 days of subscription left.

Cheers Mo
XP home,SP3
NIS2012
Phil_D
Topics: 205
Kudos: 2,524
Solutions: 384

[ Edited ]

Hi mo,

Are you saying that your "new" key does not show up in your Norton account?

Try entering the "new" key in your Norton Product so it doesn't refer to the old one:

Open the main Norton window and click on "Subscribe Now" at the bottom right corner.

A new window will open showing your current days left and you will also have the option to "Renew" or "Enter a subscription renewal code or another product key".

Choose the later (another product key) then click next. You should then be able to enter your new key.

Message Edited by Phil_D on 11-01-2008 08:21 AM

Norton Internet Security • Comcast NSS • Norton Zone | XP SP3 • Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64
• PLEASE, BACKUP or EXPORT your Identity Safe Data on a regular basis •
"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."  Edward R. Murrow

Super Spam Squasher
mo

Hi Phil

I found the page,now before i enter my key,This would have been the key NIS2009 would have picked up when I installed over NIS2008 so I won't screw anything up by entering it as you suggested.All that would happen is when I go to my norton account I should find my key saved in there!

Cheers Mo
XP home,SP3
NIS2012
Rootkit Eradicator

mo wrote:

Hi Phil

I found the page,now before i enter my key,This would have been the key NIS2009 would have picked up when I installed over NIS2008 so I won't screw anything up by entering it as you suggested.All that would happen is when I go to my norton account I should find my key saved in there!

Norton 2006 through to 2009 can be entered in to Norton 2009 Products.

If you have any problems, you know where to find us.

Thursday, November 21, 2013: The THREATCON was changed to Level 1: Normal | Tue., Nov. 05, 2013: Zero-Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Security Advisory 2896666 | Saturday, November 09, 2013: Cyber-Criminals Serve Up A Veritable Smorgasbord Of Threats For South Koreans | Wednesday, October 09, 2013: New Internet Explorer Zero-Day Targeted In Attacks Against Korea And Japan [C.V.E.-2013-3897]
Super Spam Squasher
mo

Ha Ha Red stuck to a keyboard in front of a screen?

I think I might be confusing you as all I want to do is SAVE the key,not renew or subscribe.As I have read it's no doubt easier to have my product key in My Norton account as well as having an hard copy at home.a store first put my NIS2008 onto my machine so I don't know where the key was saved to or if it was saved at all that's why I thought I would ask can I NOW put it/save it into my already existing account??

Cheers Mo
XP home,SP3
NIS2012
Rootkit Eradicator

What Norton Products is it you want to Store the Product Keys?
Thursday, November 21, 2013: The THREATCON was changed to Level 1: Normal | Tue., Nov. 05, 2013: Zero-Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Security Advisory 2896666 | Saturday, November 09, 2013: Cyber-Criminals Serve Up A Veritable Smorgasbord Of Threats For South Koreans | Wednesday, October 09, 2013: New Internet Explorer Zero-Day Targeted In Attacks Against Korea And Japan [C.V.E.-2013-3897]
Super Spam Squasher
mo

Hi Red

Are you asking what products key I want to save?It is the key off the disk of NIS2008.

Cheers Mo
XP home,SP3
NIS2012
Rootkit Eradicator

mo wrote:

Hi Red

Are you asking what products key I want to save?It is the key off the disk of NIS2008.

Hello, mo,

That's odd, because it should automatically do this when you install it; so, it is Norton Internet Security 2008 Product Key you want to Save in your Norton Account?

Have you tried contacting Customer Services?  If so, what did they say?