Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
aaaiknrt
Accepted Solution

How to activate the 2012?

I have the Norton Internet Security, it came preinstalled with the computer I bought about 20 months ago, and after the free trial period I've paid yearly to continue using it. Today an offer to download the 2012 version popped up, I accepted, and it seemed to download and then delete the older version, but it wasn't activated after restart of the computer. With the older version deleted I appear to be left with no protection at all! I don't know a lot about computers, and since it came preinstalled in the first place I never had to do anything but paying yearly to continue using it. I'm at a loss what to do. Please help.

michaell
Topics: 4
Kudos: 205
Solutions: 14

Re: How to activate the 2012?

Hello aaaiknrt, sorry to hear about your problems. I assume you created a Norton Account. If you log on to mynortonaccount.com you can log into your account and find your product key. You can then download NIS 2012 here (www.norton.com/nis12) and activate it using the product key from your Norton Account.

michaell

One other note, if NIS 2012 is already installed, all you have to do is activate it using the key from mynortonaccount.com

huwyngr
Topics: 1,038
Kudos: 2,862
Solutions: 380

aaaikrnt,

One thing you could try is to click on SUpport / Subscription Status and see if that adds in the days showing.

I've used the automatic upgrade link on my 2011 twice on different systems and in both cases the KEY was picked up automatically.

Were you connected to the internet all the time the upgrade was installing?

If you still have a problem and can't access your MyNortonAccount then the simplest thing is to contact customer support --Click on this link and work on from there. You may have to scroll down a little to see the CHAT button.

Feedback from users tells us that CHAT is by far the best at resolving problems.

Note that that link is to the USA/CAN website so if you are located elsewhere I'm sure you will be able to find the equivalent location on your local Symantec website; some pages have a link at the top right where you can select the country you are located in.

Please let us know how you get on ....

Hugh
Visitor
aaaiknrt

I logged in to my Norton account, as you suggested, to look for the product key, and noticed a link for downloading next to "available installs". I used that link for downloading it again, and this time everything worked fine. Thanks for the help. :smileyhappy:

michaell

aaaiknrt wrote:

I logged in to my Norton account, as you suggested, to look for the product key, and noticed a link for downloading next to "available installs". I used that link for downloading it again, and this time everything worked fine. Thanks for the help. :smileyhappy:

Glad to hear everything worked out for you aaaiknrt! Keep us posted if you have any problems or comments!

huwyngr
Topics: 1,038
Kudos: 2,862
Solutions: 380

aaaiknrt wrote:

Glad to know you are all set and in particular that that Download button worked fine. I must try it <s>

Hugh