Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
ruiplacido

How to block a web address (NIS v18)

[ Edited ]

Hi.

I have NIS v18.1.0.37

How can i block a web address, without using Norton Online Family?

Thanks in advance.

Rui.

Regular Contributor
Tywin7

Re: How to block a web address (NIS v18)

A, you can use your router parental control or b tell your friends not to visit the site.
Norton Internet Security 2011 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (Check if you are eligable for a FREE Norton upgrade)
Success is 10 percent inspiration and 90 percent perspiration.”--Thomas Alva Edison
I'm not a Symantec employee and my posts do not represent the views of Symantec.
Contributor
ruiplacido

"tell your friends not to visit the site"

What kind of support is this?

Regular Contributor
Tywin7

Note this is a user generated forum and many of up are not Symantec staffs. The staffs have a Norton logo as their avatar. Also their name appear in red. That last comment was written in humor.
Norton Internet Security 2011 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (Check if you are eligable for a FREE Norton upgrade)
Success is 10 percent inspiration and 90 percent perspiration.”--Thomas Alva Edison
I'm not a Symantec employee and my posts do not represent the views of Symantec.
Contributor
ruiplacido

Ok.

Remind you that a "simple" pop-up has a web ddress... My friends can´t click on a pop-up, they just pop-up...

Cheers.

Regular Contributor
Tywin7

Most browsers have a pop up blocker. In ie8, just go to tools, pop up blocker. Just crank the settings to high will block most pop ups.
Regular Contributor
Tywin7

You can try out the suggestion by mrsmith in this thread: Http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/How-To-blacklist-a-website-in-nis2011...