Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
huwyngr
Topics: 1,038
Kudos: 2,853
Solutions: 378

Re: How to contact a live person at Norton.

You are not alone ..... <g>

Hugh
Symantec Employee
jesse_gough

PegsDC wrote:

I have searched and searched for some way to actually ask a question and get someone in charge to answer it.  My immediate problem is this:  I purchased a new computer and was going through my stacks of software, loading my programs, when I found a brand new Symantec AntiVirus program, still fresh in the box.

I had never installed, much less used, the software.  It is a 2007 version that just got stuck in a corner waiting for me to discover it.  So I installed it.  When I registered this new, albeit 2007, product I learn that it is only good until this September.

I would like to ask someone why that is and, maybe, get someone to reset the counter.

I've searched everywhere to find some answer or explanation to this or someone to whom I could address my question.

It sure doesn't seem right that you cannot communicate with the company.  Their "customer service" just isn't.

Can anyone help me find my way?  I certainly would appreciate the help.

Hi,

The reason that it expires in September is because the CD that came with your computer is a 90-day trial. You can activate it at any time, and that will start the 90 days. Since you activated it in June, 90 days will put the expiration date in September. The 90 day trial should be indicated on the disc or the packaging, but if you have had it for awhile, I can understand that you may not have kept the packaging and this might not have been obvious.

--
Jesse Gough
Principal Engineer, Security Technology and Response
Symantec
huwyngr
Topics: 1,038
Kudos: 2,853
Solutions: 378

jesse_gough wrote:

The reason that it expires in September is because the CD that came with your computer is a 90-day trial. You can activate it at any time, and that will start the 90 days. Since you activated it in June, 90 days will put the expiration date in September. The 90 day trial should be indicated on the disc or the packaging, but if you have had it for awhile, I can understand that you may not have kept the packaging and this might not have been obvious.

Duh! I thought they always came installed on the PC already ..... but then I did not know that some manufacturers install a 15 month version ..... 8:(

Hugh