Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
hapzfl

How to get the Norton Toolbar back?

[ Edited ]

I installed IE9 - everything was there. Unfortunately, certain features are not working properly in IE9 and there is no MS support available; so I switched back to IE8.

But now the Norton Toolbar with Identity Safe is missing. How do I get it back?

NIS says it's running but it dows not show nor is it listed in IE8.

Harald
PC_confused
Topics: 120
Kudos: 120
Solutions: 28

Re: How to get the Norton Toolbar back?

[ Edited ]

hapzfl - You didn't mention what was your PC's operating system or what version of Norton's you are using, so I can only make suggestions.  In IE8, have you gone to Tools and checked your add-ons?  On my system I have "Norton Toolbar", "Symantec Intrusion Prevention", and "Symantec NCO BHO" enabled.  You might also go to your NIS 2011 screen and click on "Settings", "Web Settings" and scroll down and make sure "Norton Safe Web" is on.  If these suggestions don't help, wait a while and someone else might have better suggestions.

Also if I've read some of these post correctly, if you turn on "Compatibilty View", it may help IE9 work better.

Visitor
hapzfl

:smileyhappy:

Problem resolved. Win7 was running IE8-64 after uninstalling IE9. I only realized this when I tried to (re) install Adobe Flash player from the Adobe web site and it complained that it does not run on IE8-64.

So I switched to IE8-32 and now everything is back including the Norton Toolbar.

By the way, compatibility view in IE9 die NOT resolve the file download issues

Harald
PC_confused
Topics: 120
Kudos: 120
Solutions: 28

hapzfl - Glad to hear you solved your problem and thanks for the information on "Compatability View", I thought it might help.  If you consider your original question solved, would you click on the "Solved" tab and close the question?  Again, glad to hear you worked things out.