Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
veronius
Accepted Solution

How to remove "Browse to Save" ad malware??

I have tried everything to remove the "Browse to Save" ads that now pop up like insects on every web page I visit, including the tips on here about Norton Power Eraser (didn't remove it) and manual updates using Intelligent Updater. I also tried Malwarebytes, which was actually recommended on a thread here. Nothing worked. How do I get this tick of a program off my PC? 

alejandroguy

Re: How to remove "Browse to Save" ad malware??

[ Edited ]

It's a very simple fix. Click on the blue "i" at the bottom of their ads and it will take you to their website. There is a tab at the top of the site that says "Uninstall". It actually gives you instructions on how to delete the "malware" from each browser. It's quite strange that they would have that but I'm not complaining. Hope this solves your problem.

EDIT *If you're using chrome and don't see it on the list, delete any extensions that you don't need or that might contain the malware. That worked for me.

Visitor
veronius

Okay, thanks. It worked differently from what you said but I was able to get rid of the program.

RichardWestmore

I still have not been able to get rid of it from IE9, even tried uninstalling the IE9 update but it was still ther eonce I was back to IE8.

The problem with the uninstall instructions is that Browse to Save is not listed as an add-on.

Any further help appreciated.

Visitor
veronius

Browse to Save wasn't listed as an extension/add-on in Chrome either. I had only two extensions listed, neither of which seemed to have anything to do with Browse to Save - though I deleted them anyway. Maybe that helped, but from what I can see you have to click on the blue "i" at the bottom of the popups - or, in some cases, a question mark. That takes you to the Browse to Save site - and in my case, also a site called Text Enhance or something like that. On whatever site(s) you get taken to, look for any way to uninstall. Browse to Save was pretty straightforward, while Text Enhance was a bit harder to figure out, but I was eventually able to do it.

Bottom line as far as I can see - you can't uninstall this piece of s*** directly through the options your browser gives you. You have to actually go to the website of the offending program(s) and do it from there. Sounds weird but that seems to be how it works.

RichardWestmore

I have been to the site, but it just offers instructions which do not work for Internet Explorer, because it is not visible as an add-on.

Bot Obliterator
Quads

RichardWestmore

Create a new thread for your problem,  I will work at shifing it.

Quads

calysk

I too still have the problem.
As said, the problem is that "browse to save" is not listed as an add-on.

And that is how the site explains how to remove.

Anyone else have an option?

Please...?:catsad:

Bot Obliterator
Quads

calysk

Please create your own thread

Quads

Stephadrizzle

Actually, this answer is wrong. You may go there and do those things, but for me, I went to extensions & addons in chrome & firefox, "browsetosave ads was no where to be found.  I ran all my antivirus/spyware/malware programs, no infection was found. what I had to do was actually delete all my previous cookies (on 1 browser, do it the same for the others) & adjust 1 privacy setting that was enabled & I had to disable it.  Then I went in to internet explorer and found a rogue active X control called "Native add-on" (I really don't know if that had anything to do with it, but I deleted it). And that worked for me & then restart your browser-POOF-theyre gone!

**Bottom Line: Delete all previous cookies & check cookie settings if add-ons/extensions are not found in your list.**

Steph