Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Bot Obliterator
Quads

Re: How to remove "Browse to Save" ad malware??

Stephadrizzle wrote:

Actually, this answer is wrong. You may go there and do those things, but for me, I went to extensions & addons in chrome & firefox, "browsetosave ads was no where to be found.  I ran all my antivirus/spyware/malware programs, no infection was found. what I had to do was actually delete all my previous cookies (on 1 browser, do it the same for the others) & adjust 1 privacy setting that was enabled & I had to disable it.  Then I went in to internet explorer and found a rogue active X control called "Native add-on" (I really don't know if that had anything to do with it, but I deleted it). And that worked for me & then restart your browser-POOF-theyre gone!

**Bottom Line: Delete all previous cookies & check cookie settings if add-ons/extensions are not found in your list.**

Your answer is also wrong, although you have probably stopped ehat is seem, a Program has been updated to find all objects.  

Good Luck

Quads

Gwion98

Can I just say, you actually saved my life! Went on many tutorials online, yours was the one that actually worked! I'm extremely grateful to you, really didn't want to spend Christmas with a Hijacker on my PC.

Once again, extremely thankful.

Gwion Jones.

(Gwion98.)

drjohnflannery

Thank you!!!  It was incredibly easy to follow your instructions.  I almost resorted to bringing my computer to the virus doctor.  You saved me $100!!!  drphotomoto

LaurieMM

Thank you!  It worked, and this after having running several scans and downloading a number of other programs to try to get rid of it.  I would never have intentionally clicked that link for fear of worse things to follow!  

Again, thank you!

LaurieMM

Oh, and let me add this, it was listed as an extension in Chrome, as you said, but with a somewhat different name. I can't remember it precisely, but it had ads or save in the name.  

rholway

No add-on to remove in Firefox either, but starting my win7 machine in safe mode and running super anti-virus free edition seems to have done the trick.

ex3031

For me, only FIrefox was infected.  I ended up unintalling (checking the box

which removes all my customizations like cookies).  I then reinsalled it

and the problem was gone.

Radical but simple and effective.

leavlisa

REMoVED it!!! None of this worked for me, not going to their site and following their directions, not trying to find their program in my computer ... there was no Browse2Save or Click2Save ... what worked was:

uninstalled every ADOBE program addon - any and every ADOBE file and it was gone ... then I reinstalled them from the Adobe site ... watch for any little boxes that add   anything other than ADOBE back on when you download ADOBE again.  I believe I updated ADOBE the last time while looking at a video that said it required an ADOBE update and didn't watch for those little boxes that said they were adding something else.  Hope this works for some of you.

kengosse

I prefer not to trust a web site's own instructions to remove its own malware. I use Norton safe web and WOT to help me avoid sites with a bad reputation. I opened the unwanted links marked as "Save to click > Browse to Save" in a new tab on Firefox, and they opened a different site each time, two of which had the WOT red warning.

I checked the Windows7 uninstaller and Advanced Uninstaller and Registry Workshop but did not find BrowsTo... or Browse2... A web search pulled up helpful instructions at http://malwaretips.com/blogs/browse-to-save-ads/. It led me to find SaveByClick in my uninstaller, Firefox Extensions, and Registry Workshop. I deleted it from Firefox (haven't checked IE and Chrome yet). The unintsall program tries to open .justplug.it - which got a red WOT warning, so I blocked the site without opening it and deleted any cookies from it.

I recently installed several freebies on my system to create some pdf files: PDF Creator, PDF Architecht, FoxIt Reader and JPG to PDF Converter. The malware links appeared about the same time, so I suspect it was from one of these. I'm pretty careful not in include the 'extra' programs offered during installation, but apparently missed - or wasn't warned about - this one.

Visitor
jedinc

[ Edited ]

Quads replied replied to:

Stephadrizzle's comments regarding the"browsetosave ads". And so on, and so on.

And Quads reply was:

Your answer is also wrong, although you have probably stopped ehat is seem, a Program has been updated to find all objects. 

Good Luck

Quads

Sir  What program are you referring to that will find "all objects"?

Dan (removed)

[ Edit : Removed email address to conform with our Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service ]