Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
harry6ann

How to turn off norton

From time to time it is necessary to turn off norton in order to download other software products. How can I turn off or disable norton temporarily. ?

dickevans

Re: How to turn off norton

harry6ann wrote:

From time to time it is necessary to turn off norton in order to download other software products. How can I turn off or disable norton temporarily. ?

Welcome,

Are you sure you must turn off all of the Norton protections in order to download that software?

Thanks

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Phil_D
Topics: 207
Kudos: 2,555
Solutions: 391

Re: How to turn off norton

Hello harry6ann and welcome!

Personally, I have rarely needed to 'turn off' Norton to install software.

I would be hesitant to turn off any protection during the software download process.  Save the program to your computer and then install from the downloaded file.

If absolutely necessary for the installation process, you can right click the system tray icon and select Disable AntiVirus Auto-Protect. Select the shortest time needed.

But again, I think the last time I did this was when I updated to Windows 7 SP1.  I have installed many programs since and have not had to turn off Norton.

Hope that helps.

Norton Internet Security • Comcast NSS • Norton Security Beta | XP SP3 • Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64
• PLEASE, BACKUP or EXPORT your Identity Safe Data on a regular basis •
"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."  Edward R. Murrow