Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
dburr

IS NORTON SERIOUSLY ETHICALLY CHALLENGED OR IS IT A MISTAKE

[ Edited ]

So my subscription is expiring and I select to renew. First of all the page comes up with the most expensive option already selected.

I look at the subscription renewal for one year and it is 44.99 WHILE I CAN BUY THE PRODUCT NEW FOR 39.95. 

I sure hope that this is a mistake because trying to rip off the unsuspecting loyal customer for a stinking 5 bucks is pretty petty and really morally and ethically wrong.

Is it really worth 5 bucks to lose a customer that has used the product for 10 years !!!!

Shame

huwyngr
Topics: 1,001
Kudos: 2,717
Solutions: 368

Re: IS NORTON SERIOUSLY ETHICALLY CHALLENGED OR IS IT A MISTAKE

[ Edited ]

dburr,

Norton direct sales cannot keep matching or undercutting retail prices or they would lose the distributors.

Sometimes there are lower prices on the Norton OnLIne itself if you check your MyNortonAccount and click on Special Offers.

If not and you want to save the $5 -- or sometimes much more -- then buy the cheapest copy you can from a reputable source and use the KEY from it to extend your subscription but since that wipes out unexpired time only use the KEY a couple of days before the expiry. If you make a mistake and use it too early Norton Support will usually add the days back in for you.

PS You can buy it from Amazon for $29.99 with free shipping! Or you can download it from them .... but the deciison is yours.

If you do do this remember to cancel any autorenewal option you may have (perhaps by default) online with Norotn.

Hugh