01-09-2011 05:07 PM
I have experiencing some odd behavior with NIS 2011's Identity Safe and Antispam features. The identity safe icon changed from a gray icon to a black icon with a lock on it bordered in yellow. It does still seem to be working correctly.
The other odd behavior is with antispam. The "this is spam" button grays out in certain folders in Outlook 2010 that i use to be able to use the "this is spam" button. I was wondering if this is a problem with its compatibility with Outlook 2010 or some other issue involving the norton software?
01-09-2011 08:39 PM - edited 01-09-2011 08:46 PM
Hello SPotter2004 and welcome!
Based upon your observation of the Norton Toolbar, it appears you received the NIS 2011 version 22.214.171.124 update.
Initial version 126.96.36.199 toolbar
Version 188.8.131.52 toolbar
Regarding the AntiSpam button action that you used before, have you restarted your computer since this update?
If so, and you are still experiencing this issue, you might want to try resetting client integration in Norton AntiSpam.
Instructions courtesy of Yogesh Mohan
Make sure that all other applications including Outlook are closed while you perform the necessary steps.
1. Open Norton Internet Security.
2. Open Network settings.
3. Under Email Protection, if the AntiSpam shows Off, click the status indicator to turn it On.
4. Next to Client Integration, click Configure [+]
5. Under Email Clients, uncheck the email client that has the problem. In your case, uncheck Outlook.
6. Click Apply > OK.
7. Restart the computer.
8. After the computer restarts, open Norton Internet Security.
9. Open Network settings.
10. Next to Client Integration, click Configure [+]
11. Under Email Clients, check Outlook.
12. Click Apply > OK.
13. Run LiveUpdate and restart the computer.
Norton 360 • Norton Internet Security • Norton Zone | XP SP3 • Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64
• PLEASE, BACKUP or EXPORT your Identity Safe Data on a regular basis •