Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Regular Contributor
bc596

Identity Safe - Login Disappearing Act

Hello everyone:

By disappearing, I mean that, when I login to Identity Safe from the Internet Explorer Norton Toolbar, the login box will popup as expected, but, when I start to type in my password, it moves itself to the task bar.  Once I bring it back up from the task bar, it works as expected.  Interestingly, if I login to the Identity safe from the NIS 2012 interface, it works just fine.  I'm wondering if this is just a small bug or if there could be something in my IE9 settings or NIS 2012 settings causing this behavior.  My operating system is a fully updated Windows 7 Home Premium SP! 64 bit.

It's not a big issue, just a minor annoyance, unless it signals a problem in some way.

Thanks for the help.

BC

senthilkumar
Kudos: 254
Solutions: 108

Re: Identity Safe - Login Disappearing Act

Hi bc596,

Could you provide the product version( You can find it from NIS Main UI->Support->About)

Thanks,

Senthil.

Regular Contributor
bc596

Hello Senthil

The Product Version is:  10.1.1.3.

BC

senthilkumar
Kudos: 254
Solutions: 108

Hi BC

If your product version is 19.1.1.3, then you are using NIS 2012.  In NIS 2012 we don't provide popup to login to Identity safe, instead of that we provide infobar to login to identity safe.

If you are using NIS 2011, then product version will be 18.6.x.x , Please provide screen shot of that popup or product version to check the issue from ourside.

Thanks,

Senthil.

Regular Contributor
bc596

Hello again Essential,

I think I used the wrong description.  What I called a pop-up isn't a pop-up, it's the login box.  Here's what happens:  using the Identity Safe box on the Norton Toolbox in IE9, I get the small rectangular box concerning the login-  I click on that box which brings up the full login box.  So far, so good.  However, as soon as I start typing my password, the login box minimizes itself to the taskbar.  I then click on the login box thumbnail from the taskbar and it's back on the screen. I enter my password, and eveything is OK.

I can't provide a screen shot because the issue is about the login box moving to the taskbar.  If I take the long route and open the Identity Safe via the main Settings, this doesn't happen.  Like I said, it's a minor problem, but it is a bit irritating.  Perhaps someone else using NIS 2012 with IE9 could let me know if this happens to them.  

Thanks in advance for the help. 

BC

SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,795
Solutions: 776

If you start typing something that starts with different keystrokes than your password, does it still minimize?

Regular Contributor
bc596

Hi SendOfJive,

I just tried both ways and it worked just fine.  I'll shut down completely and try again in the morning.  Must be like a car - it never acts up when you get it to the repair shop!

I'll let you know what happens.

BC