Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Edjr60
Accepted Solution

Insight Maintenance Question

Hi Community,

When I open up the Performance window in NIS, then open Norton Tasks, one of the five grayed out maintenance area's at the bottom, is always behind, date wise. The other four are always up to date. The 'Insight Maintenance' currently reads 'Last Run' 5/6/2012. I'm wondering if this is a Reputation Scanning issue, or lack there of. I run Quick and Full computer scans often. I don't run Reputation scanning very often. Is this the reason or something else.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Windows XP Home SP3 32bit  *  NIS 2012 (19.7.1.5)  *  Chrome 19.0.1084.52   IE8  *  MBAM Free

Super Spam Squasher
Bombastus

Re: Insight Maintenance Question

Mine is a bit behind the others as well. Don't think it is unusual.

Edjr60

Bombastus wrote:

Mine is a bit behind the others as well. Don't think it is unusual.

Hi Bombastus,

Thanks for your reply. Being that this is a maintenance issue, I never put it high on the list of importance. The other four that keep up to date on a regular basis, led me to believe that something might be wrong with the Insight Maintenance. I know it doesn't effect my security, which is the most important issue.

I'm going to wait just a bit longer before marking this as solved.

Thanks again.

Ed

Windows XP Home SP3 32bit  *  NIS 2012 (19.7.1.5)  *  Chrome 19.0.1084.52   IE8  *  MBAM Free

yank
Kudos: 2,041
Solutions: 467

Hi Ed,

As explained by Tony Weiss in this post:

"These "maintenance" tasks are background jobs that your Norton product has always been running, even in previous versions, they just weren't visible to you. They are critical "scans" that need to run at specific times, and for this reason they can't be accessed. However, we have included them in the Tasks window to be completely transparent about all the things running on your Norton product. Depending on which tasks you've performed on your system, the "maintenance" some tasks might not be visible to everyone at first. But as more tasks are performed with NIS/NAV 19.5, you will see more of these maintenance "scans" appear."

Edjr60

yank wrote:

Hi Ed,

As explained by Tony Weiss in this post:

"These "maintenance" tasks are background jobs that your Norton product has always been running, even in previous versions, they just weren't visible to you. They are critical "scans" that need to run at specific times, and for this reason they can't be accessed. However, we have included them in the Tasks window to be completely transparent about all the things running on your Norton product. Depending on which tasks you've performed on your system, the "maintenance" some tasks might not be visible to everyone at first. But as more tasks are performed with NIS/NAV 19.5, you will see more of these maintenance "scans" appear."

Hi yank,

Thanks very much for the explanation. That clears up the maintenance issue for me. This is marked solved.

Ed

yank
Kudos: 2,041
Solutions: 467

You're very welcome - I think I got Tony's quote from Phil_D!