Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Regular Contributor
Cody

Install NIS 2013 From Norton's Website

I've misplaced my CD for NIS 2013.  I'm going to ahve to reinstall Windows and would like the website address to install my program from Norton's website.  Since I 'm not buying the program and already have a Product Number, are there any special instructions on how to do this?

Thanks,

Cody

Edjr60

Re: Install NIS 2013 From Norton's Website

Hi Cody,

This is the latest link for NIS v20.3.0.36 (2013).

http://buy-download.norton.com/downloads/2013/20.3/NISNAV/US/NIS-ESD-20-3-0-36-EN.exe

After the download, run liveupdate rebooting when prompted, until there are no updates remaining. If you didn't already, Backup/Export your ID Safe/Vault data to a safe location in both the DAT and CSV formats.

Ed

huwyngr
Topics: 1,034
Kudos: 2,824
Solutions: 377

Cody,

You may (or may not) need your KEY to activate your NIS after installation -- the link Ed gives you is to a Download Manager that installs itself and then goes on to install the actual program -- since sometimes the Norton system recognizes the hardware and knows it is not a new installation. If this does not happen the Norton OnLine Support will quickly put that right for you.

Perhaps a better method after you have done your reinstall of Windows (see query below) would be just to log onto your existing MyNortonAccount that you created to activate originally and use the DOWNLOAD button since that downloads and installs a preactivated copy of the current version of what you have.

As Ed says after installation you need to run LiveUpdate manually until it says you are fully uptodate.

My query -- are you doing a Restore to Factory Condition using the system many computers come with. If so check before trying to reinstall NIS to see if any trial security program came preinstalled when new. Even if it is Norton it would be a good idea to uninstall it and clean up afterwards with the Norton Removal Tool; if it is not a Norton product then this is essential and we can give you a link to download the tool that product supplies if you tell us which it is.

Hugh
Regular Contributor
Cody

Thanks, guys!  Appreciate all the help.

Cody