Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
sfg74

Install on new second computer

I'm sure this is a simple question .

Last computer purchased in Dec 2006 w/trial version of Norton Internet Security and Antivirus (2007?) running in XP.  Subscribed, renewed and updated each year (up to 3 computers).  Now my computer is "under repair" (so sad) and we are adding a new second computer to the house while we await our trusty old friend.

How do I download my software to the new (second) compurter since I did not purchase a CD in a store?  I have my product code and key.  Also, any concerns in the Windows 7 environment to be aware of as I do this?

Thank you for your assistance.

Yaso_Kuuhl
Kudos: 1,436
Solutions: 528

Re: Install on new second computer

[ Edited ]

Hi sfg74,

I am not certain whether you want to install Norton AntiVirus or Norton Internet Security; however, you can download and save Norton 2010 to your computer from the appropriate link below:

Norton AntiVirus 2010:

www.norton.com/nav10

Norton Internet Security 2010:

www.norton.com/nis10

Norton 2010 is fully compatible with Windows 7 - earlier versions are not. Also, make sure that your Norton licence covers the number of computers on which you want to install Norton. You can check this in your Norton account:

http://www.mynortonaccount.com/

Customers who have a Norton 2006 or later product can upgrade for free to Norton 2010 with a current subscription, so you can upgrade for free to Norton 2010.

Visitor
sfg74

Thank you.  i will try this as a solution.

Update  & question on Computer #1.  Hard Drive failed and is to be replaced.  One key is used on that hard drive.  Can I restore Norton Computer #1 with the new drive without using 2 of my 3 keys?

Yaso_Kuuhl
Kudos: 1,436
Solutions: 528

Hi sfg74,

If the hard drive is dead (=if you cannot access it), please contact Symantec Customer Support at the link below - you can chat with them for free - and explain the situation to them; they will be able to reset your activations:

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/contact/contact.jsp?pvid=cs