Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
pissed

Internet security live update not working

Renewed internet security.  Live update is not working. Asked for a patch and it would install now it doesn't ask and has failed. Just bought the product downloaded on one computer and now it says I have no downloads left.  Been on hold for support for almost an hour now!  When I called support initially they told my me firewall was not working and that I have setting problems with my computer,  I find it odd the product worked fine before renewing,  what a waste of money and time.

Visitor
raashnal

Re: Internet security live update not working

I must say I am disappointed and fedcup. Yesterday the patch would not install in NAV 2013 today the definitions won't update. To say I am disappointed with Symantec is an understatement. I really never thought Syamantec who make a great product (if it worked) would be reduced to a shambolic mess. You can't keep the udate servers operating consistently. I don't care what the reason is it is unacceptable for a security suite not to be able to update from the server.

peterweb
Kudos: 1,178
Solutions: 305

Did you ask for a patch or are you saying the product offered a patch?

Have you restarted your computer since getting the patch?

How many computers are covered by your subscription? Is it a one PC or a 3 PC subscription?

What operating system and service pack are you using?

I realize there are many questions, but we cannot see your computer, and this information may help find a solution.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Visitor
pissed

Offered the patch. tried  uninstalled and re installed the product...still doesn't work. Bought for 3 computers downloaded on one. Windows 7 operating system.

peterweb

How did you uninstall the product? Did you use Windows control panel, or Norton Removal and Reinstall Tool?

The Norton Removal and Reinstall tool will help insure a clean installation of your product.

Download the Norton Removal and Reinstall Tool from here   www.norton.com/nrnr
If you use Identity Safe, backup/export your data. Use the CSV format for compatibility.
Run the Norton Removal and Reinstall Tool.
Reboot.
Run LiveUpdate manually a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available.
Try to log into your Identity Safe. If you can, you are done. If not, Import your Identity Safe data.

As for the number of installs remaining, you can  log into Norton Management at   www.manage.norton.com

Click on the My Account tab and look for your current subscription. Check the list of installations for any that do not belong there and click on the trash can beside any one you wish to remove from your account. This will free up the activation for you to use again.

Visitor
pissed

Already tried removal and re install ...didn't work.

xkitx

Same issue with Live update... NIS 2013 is a piece of junk!

peterweb

Seems there is an issue with the Liveupdate servers. See Tony's post here   http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/NIS-2013-update-problem/m-p/922395/hi...

Contributor
Ullaz

Hi,

I second peterweb. There seems to be an issue with the live update server and it will be fixed with in 24 hours... try running liveupdates manually. If it is updated till 20.2 your Norton should be having most of the updates which will ensure protection for your computer. From what I've seen in the forum, these latest updates or patches are released to improve the functionality and feel of the program.

Cheers!