Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Super Spam Squasher
mo

Is spyware the same as malware??

As new to all the techno speak,are these the same and which scans pick up which "bug"

Cheers Mo

Cheers Mo
XP home,SP3
NIS2012
Stu Rootkit Eradicator
Rootkit Eradicator
Stu

Re: Is spyware the same as malware??

Hi Mo

This might interest you.

http://tutorialsforu.info/security-zone/virus---trojans---worms/what-is-the-difference-between-a-vir...

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"
Super Spam Squasher
mo

Thanks Stu

will put it on my growing list of "aids" on understanding PCs:smileywink:

Cheers Mo

Cheers Mo
XP home,SP3
NIS2012
Regular Contributor
Dieselman743

Mo simply go to Ask.com and type in your question. Or even Google it. You will get tons of pages on it. The internet is a resource full of info.
Real Time Protection = NIS 2009 + NAT
Behavior Analysis = Threatfire
On Demand = MBAM
Super Spam Squasher
mo

Hi Dieselman

I do Google most things.I will try and explain my frustration when I do a Google search.At the moment I have 4 entries that are in my program control in my NIS2009.I have just googled the first one "com surrogate"the first page comes up with a lot of vista errors with com surrogate so I by pass all these find one site that sheds a little more light on the subject regarding how this DLL can hide something sinister under it,nearly every site that explains what something is always leaves me with doubt whether what I have happening on my machine is a legit normal program.That's why I put questions on here that I would like a little more real clarification on.I realize that most things I'm going to have to learn by trial and error and just shear determination.But If Norton has this forum set up why can't I by pass some of the crap that is out there and find a real answer by posting here?Sorry for the rant but sometimes I need just a answer.By the way I have appreciated your previous help as well as others,so I hope I'm not coming across as ungrateful.

Cheers Mo

Cheers Mo
XP home,SP3
NIS2012